Profession?

Boy...

How did I miss this thread....

Well I went to school for many things... I didnt know what i wanted to do with my life...still dont..

I went to electrical trades and then I went to Auto Mechanics trades and spent the rest of my schooling there... I like cars especially older ones....

After I graduated from school I needed a job so a friend from the service station I formerly worked at got me a job in the construction field...I was a Drywall Finisher.... from there i worked on cars on the side and did construction.... over the last 15 years I have had a large thirst for knowledge... learning everything I can... and it has paid off pretty well...

I currently own to small businesses for auto and construction.... I have rebuilt many cars and performance engines.... I have also finished many, many houses.... I am very good in the construction part.... people from all over hire me to work for them.... I mostly work for the higher end people who are very particular and not easily pleased....

I specialize in smooth finish drywall that is painted to a glossy finish without showing blemishes...

Now I just monkey with puters when I want something to do.....

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once I was an avionics tech in the navy. Got a good school for a six year enlistment. Then I found out that the civilian world of avioncs wasn't all it was cracked up to be, so I after a few crap jobs I got on as an ET at a government contractor for the navy making chaf. I calibrated the glass temp controllers and used some wicked relay logic to troubleshoot the glass machines. Tired of getting burnt by molten glass and aluminum, I got on at the denim mill in my home town of Erwin, NC. The largest denim mill in the US. (now in our southern state, Mexico) :sad: Did instrumentation for them, liquid levels, temp controllers, I to P modulators, (Always think of that little martian from Buggs, modulator, lol). Plus I got to troubleshoot with all the PLC's in the mill, and all the motor controllers, we had some lines with over 20 motors (up to 50hp) working off feedback. Love pulling my hair out trying to figure whats wrong with something, about got it all from that friar circle that a lot of us guys get as we mature.

Now I am disabled and all you working guys pay for the check that comes on the 3rd every month. And I've got time to play all these games I never had the time for. But I still suck at them. Who da thunk SC4 would be this hard? :eek2:

I’m an Administrator of a very large network. I maintain over 140 Intel base servers; Windows 2003, Linux and VM ESX. I also admin Lotus Notes on Unix and deal with over 2500 users. Poor me! The best job I ever had was in the US Army. I used to build things that would have made very big booms :eek: What was the most fun about the job in the Army was EOD and blowing up stuff and I mean lots of stuff.

i rebuild single & 3 phase electrical subway train engines as well as

600VDC to 3 phase 230VAC@60HZ generators for the Mass Bay Trans Authority.

i love the job and someday would like to make a project car with one of the

engines that i build.......a single phase w/shunt field, 450VDC,800HP,1500ft lbs

torque monster

the only problem is it sucks 900A at full load and weighs 2 tons assembled.....lmao

i rebuild single & 3 phase electrical subway train engines as well as

600VDC to 3 phase 230VAC@60HZ generators for the Mass Bay Trans Authority.

i love the job and someday would like to make a project car with one of the

engines that i build.......a single phase w/shunt field, 450VDC,800HP,1500ft lbs

torque monster

the only problem is it sucks 900A at full load and weighs 2 tons assembled.....lmao

Sound more like a locomotive than a car! LOL

I’m an Administrator of a very large network. I maintain over 140 Intel base servers; Windows 2003, Linux and VM ESX. I also admin Lotus Notes on Unix and deal with over 2500 users. Poor me! The best job I ever had was in the US Army. I used to build things that would have made very big booms :eek: What was the most fun about the job in the Army was EOD and blowing up stuff and I mean lots of stuff.

Good to know our tax money is going to a good cause! (not like I pay taxes anyway)

I am a network engineer, focused currently on Cisco gear. In a full cisco shop with 5 Cat6509's and a full Cisco VOIP solution 3200 internal users and a multitude of external agencys connecting via VPN.

Worked for Nortel Networks designing and implementing ATM backbones, just left AVAYA where I was designing AFB networks (Eielson AFB).

I work for a United Van Lines owner operator for a day job. build/service computers, basic networking in my spare time (companies that rip u off like geek squad and circuit city actually make a second income pretty easy).

i work at a carwash w000t

i can technically get free watercooling parts like fittings and such, because they use the exact same ones there.. i.. guess thats why i work there lol

edit: and i sell on ebay a lot