My new system

The Venus is actually exactly the same as the nF4 SLI-DR Expert board. The only difference is that the electronics are the highest quality, and even at that I think it may just be the capacitors that are different. There's a thread somewhere around here about it.

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Venus is actually exactly the same as the nF4 SLI-DR Expert board. The only difference is that the electronics are the highest quality, and even at that I think it may just be the capacitors that are different. There's a thread somewhere around here about it.

yah, the caps i hear are crap on a lot of these new DFI mobos.

i just hope to god that my new dfi nf3 does take a cap crap on me again or else, thats it. i'll take my bussines to epox, or msi.

TGM

yah, the caps i hear are crap on a lot of these new DFI mobos.

i just hope to god that my new dfi nf3 does take a cap crap on me again or else, thats it. i'll take my bussines to epox, or msi.

TGM

I don't know about nF3 but my nF4 is the finest board I've seen, save the expert and Venus versions.

oh well, i took the chipset hsf out and plugged it into my tester psu and it was really silent and quality made, all copper design so it was pretty heavy; felt good in my hand. it also glows half blue and half red. i immediately wondered if i could replace the red led with a blue one for a solid blue cooler, lol. mod time on that soon enough. ;)TGM

its pretty easy just to kill the red LED, I killed both the red and blue LED on mine

take the fan off the HS and plug it in to see which is red/blue, then take a small sharp pointed knife and smash the red LED.............

if anyone would like to see the fan in action with the leds, i'd be happy to take a pic of that for you. yes, i'm bored without any new equipment to play with, lol.

TGM

yes, i would like to see some pics of the fan in action :nod:

I don't know TGM but I almost RMA-d my board and it turned out to be the ram.BTW my friends don't have 1000$ paychecks and they buy theyr systems at supermarkets.:D
ever since my DFI nf3 took a crap on me and fried my x800 i've been running my sig rig, minus my x800, that's with the 1gig GBLA G.Skill that i had in my nf3 when i died.

so that rules out that thought.

TGM

Sad thing.Anyways hope you get a good board this time.Thank GOD mine is alive and fighting like a hero.Now it is on vacation x-(

it's alright, at least i'm getting another one for no cost.

also, on a side note, i just won a new Epox 754 SLI mobo in a giveaway contest! i'm freakin g33k'd. it'll be by then end of this summer before i have gotten all the new parts i need to make it run plus two vid cards, as i can only save about 150 a month and i need a new psu, vid card, and possibly a new cpu as mine is a mobile and epox sez no mobile DTR support. then i'll have to save up more money for the 2nd vid card and a SATAII drive.

but it's really c00l that i actually won something. i've been in there for a month and made over 200 posts, 4 new threads, and have gotten PM'd by a couple of members thanking me for the help i've given them. so it's all been very rewarding. i'm happy. :)

TGM