dual core users what temp do you get on your pwmic

Ive heard that it should work with under 80c, but i think its to hot if it gets over 60c...

I've let it go up to 71-72C and haven't seen any problems, but I wouldn't dare to leave it like this for everyday, specially having in mind that during the summer all the temperatures will go up by at least 5-7C, maybe even more.

Since having [email protected] is quite decent everyday speed for now, and the PC itself is very, very quiet (CPU fan 19dB, intake 19dB, exaust 21dB), I would rather not add additional fan and noise into it... Maybe someday (soon?)...

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mine never goes above 40 C, i have a side case fan sorta blowing on it, but definitly not helping that much... both bios and smart guardian report the same 40 c temp, i'm hoping this is correct and that the actual temp isnt higher... my temp seems low compared to everyone else.... sry i dont have dual core, but saw a thread about pwmic temps :)

My CPU temp reaches 52C and PWMIC reaches 62C after 30min dual priming @2700Mhz. I'm only running with stock HSF right now and hope the coming SI-120 will help. I heard that for air cooling,those who using XP-90 usually get lower PWMIC temp.

• 3 weeks later...

Whenever I start to worry about that temp I just think about my Athlon XP boards that didn't even have heatsinks on the PWM IC's. Those boards managed to survive 1.85v @ 2.4GHz for years for me, and still work fine. Those little PWMs are quite durable. Adding a temp probe for them I think just scares people. We got by fine without it before.

Hmm reaing some of the replies here has eased my worry a little as mine has hit 70 deg C,only had my Opt 175 in for a day or two so I guess I will still put some active cooling on mine as well.

I think Swaaye is probably right though in what he says lol,its like running a car with extra gauges and stuff you are constantly watching them "just in case" :D

J