dual core users what temp do you get on your pwmic

im priming my brand new opteron 165 right now at 2.6ghz, the PWMIC seems to have maxed at 68c, i read some threads about putting heatsinks on the little square chips between the cpu and the ide's, i only had 2 left from my thermalright v1 ultra setup, but there are 3 chips so i installed them on the top 2 of the 3...

should i just get some more of these, because they are the perfect size and so easy to install, but i wasn't sure if i needed to heatsink that rectangular one higher on the board near the ram?

any other places worth having the little heatsinks?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have a 165@2600 opty 247 and when is dual priming the max temp that achives is 5051º. without any type of cooling in the are.

the only thing that i´m worried about is what will be the temps in the summer...right now is winter with very cold temperatures.

i have a 165@2600 opty 247 and when is dual priming the max temp that achives is 5051º. without any type of cooling in the are.

the only thing that i´m worried about is what will be the temps in the summer...right now is winter with very cold temperatures.

you are cooling your system with aircooling thats why your temps ar "lower" on that area, if you have water in ur system u have no fan in that particular area :cool:

X2-4400@2500, 1.39V, when both cores are for a couple of hours under maximal load (S&M FPU test) + 2xPrime95 Blend, PWMIC temp goes up to 54-55C, while the CPU is around 47-48C. No additional PWMIC cooling except silent 120x25mm fan on the top of CPU cooler (SI-120). Expecting low 60+ when the summer comes. Case has a good ventilation, sleeved cables, one intake 120x25mm fan and one exaust 120x38mm fan.

Have also tried 2700MHz @ 1.54V, PWMIC temp went above 60C after less then a minute and after a couple of minutes it was 65C already, while the CPU temp was OK (50-51C). Obviosly, if I want to keep it on 2.7GHz, active cooling of PWMIC is a must! :(

Have also tried 2700MHz @ 1.54V, PWMIC temp went above 60C after less then a minute and after a couple of minutes it was 65C already, while the CPU temp was OK (50-51C). Obviosly, if I want to keep it on 2.7GHz, active cooling of PWMIC is a must! :(

Ive heard that it should work with under 80c, but i think its to hot if it gets over 60c...