Typical OCs for x2s?

naddie

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My 4400+ runs well at 2.6Ghz @1.56v and [email protected].

It will do 2750 easily and I've booted and run benchs at 2.8Ghz as well. Prime stable at 2.8Ghz would require 1.6v or more and I just don't want to do that to my new baby.

Maybe in a year or so when the specs start to wain a bit but for now its staying at 2.6...its nekid too with dual prime load temps at 40C... still have some headroom...hmmm

I've had OOODLES of RAM problems..... well not really. It seems of I manually set my ram timings I get locks after and hour or so. If I set everything to AUTO it runs with no complaints what so ever. Puzzling... I even got the Mushkin guy to give me all the timings for the RAM at 250Mhz and guess what?!?! locks up... must be the board not playing well with the ram. I'm thinking of RMAing it and maybe going with OCZ 2GB kit or something else.

Then again... set to AUTO and everything runs great no locks, etc... so what's the point... I just want to tweak it, i guess.

Naddie,

it seems that you didn't believe my numbers that much.

Maybe with the other better setups around you understand luck and expertise are the most important factors for OC. A lot of patience after that.

These memory timings can be tricky. Just now I was running 260x10 and decided to go back to 250x10 and the rig didn't boot. Started all over again for this setting.

I have 4 setups stored in my BIOS.

My setups:

250x10 (1.375*113%), CAS 3,3,5,3,7,12, CPC ON, 1CLK, no skew, 2.7v, 1:1 memory and HT x4

260x10 (1.475*110%), CAS 3,3,7,3,12,14, CPC ON, 1CLK, no skew, 2.7v +0.3v, 1:1 memory and HT x4

280x9 (1.475*104%), CAS 3,3,5,3,7,12, CPC ON, 1CLK, no skew, 2.6v, 180MHz memory and HT x3

290x9 (1.525*104%), CAS 3,3,8,3,10,14, CPC ON, 1CLK, no skew, 2.7v +0.3, 180MHz memory and HT x3

Marcelo

i got my 4400+ @ 2.70 at 1.5v in CPU-z, but thats no the same reading in the bios. Smart guardian also reads 1.5v and my ram is at 225 @ 2.5, 3, 2, 5, 7. i guess i got a good one. I can boot into windows at 2.75, but its not stable and i cant get it to be no matter what so far.

My 4200 is 250 on stock HSF. Dual prime stable 12 hours, testing for 24 hours over weekend. Not going any higher ATM because temps are approaching 50C. I note that to get from 245 to 250 I needed to bump voltage from 1.375 to 1.425, so my sense is that I probably won't be able to do more than 2.6-2.7 at reasonable (for me) volts when I get better cooling. I'll be very happy if I can get rock stable at 2.7.

Mem timings are 3-4-4-8, and other timings that I did not undestand too well I left stock (either auto or left as is).

I tried to use other people's mem timings (outside of the usual 3-4-4-8, like there are more settings, you know, after the 4 that everyone advertises) - actually makes things worse.

PS: The GSKILL HZ memory I have can go up to 275 MHz memtested. So is it the CPU or the motherboard?

I've noticed that the BIOS will change the memory timings to tighter than the RAM can handle when left at AUTO as the FSB changes. Try loosening up all the RAM settings using the Overclocking Guide to see if that helps stability at all.

PS. I noticed the RAM timings get too tight even when my RAM was on a 1/2 divider with a resulting speed of 130MHz.

2.8 ghz. at 1.5vcore here. I wish I could get 2.9 or 3 ghz. I suppose 2.8 ghz. is good on air with a load temp. of 48c while double priming.

I did notice that it takes some time for the AS5 to cure.

Good Luck Everyone.

--EJM

2.8 ghz. at 1.5vcore here. I wish I could get 2.9 or 3 ghz. I suppose 2.8 ghz. is good on air with a load temp. of 48c while double priming.

I did notice that it takes some time for the AS5 to cure.

Good Luck Everyone.

--EJM

Great result.

I manage to run at 2.8 after removing my IHS.. but i cant run anything like 1.5+V.. I need at least 1.62V to get it running prime without fail or boot to windows...

Any idea why you need a lower voltage?

My stepping is ADAxxxxxx and it is 0531xxxx. Should be using 110W toledo.