SLI crashing - Signal Frequency is out of range

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok sweet what Nforce drivers are you using

I'm using 6.85 and 81.98 on a brand new install.

I tried the 6.70 and various other display drivers before the rebuild and I got the crashing (hence the rebuild :cool: )

Well if you're saying you've tried a PSU with the 8pin connector and it still crashes, then:

1. Thank you for sparing the rest of us the expense

2. Thank you for all your other efforts in trying to fix this

3. DFI, pull your finger out!!!

Before I RMA'd my expert, I turned the SLI bridge around, then I found complete stability for a day (or one boot). The next few boots, my games were crashing within minutes of being in game. I switched it back around, and I still got crashing. However, after a while of my computer crashing, I didn't notice many "frequency out of range" errors. Many of the errors entailed freezing without any response from keyboard / mouse. Sometimes, the sound looped a bit, other times not. I found too many other problems, besides games, to keep my Lanparty Expert, so I did the RMA for exchange of another Expert. I am still waiting for my new board.

I'm mildly curious to see what happens when I install another motherboard inside the same computer (though not using SLI). I have an extra ASUS A8R-MVP (crossfire) board that I'm going to try using with each 7800 GTX 256. I just have to make sure that it had nothing to do with the graphics. I'll post some results within the week.

I look at this problem and firmly believe that it lies within the motherboard's ability to utilize SLI without a jumper setting. I have not heard of any Lanpart SLI-DR's having this problem, which makes me blame this BIOS feature. Though, I definitely could be wrong, because I did not engineer this board... I am just going through the ole' trial and error process like most of us.

I am also having this problem. My experience is extremely varied. It will crash within 5 minutes, or will never crash in CS:S. When I try to play Star Wars EAW, it will crash at the first movie about 25% of the time.

Running 6.70 nForce and 81.98. I'm going to try the 82s soon.

Tried both cards on my ABIT Fatal1ty, no such problems, EVER.

Well, I am getting crashes with the 82.12 drivers. Might be less than before but hard to say. I've tested the 81.98 and the 81.95 drivers as well and neither helped.

Muppet, let us know if you get any crashes with the 6.53 chipset drivers. Took over 24 hours before I got a crash after switching to 82.12 drivers so I'm guessing it is going to take at least 3-5 days to tell if anything we do fixes the problem.

I'm using 6.85 and 81.98 on a brand new install.

I tried the 6.70 and various other display drivers before the rebuild and I got the crashing (hence the rebuild :cool: )

Well if you're saying you've tried a PSU with the 8pin connector and it still crashes, then:

1. Thank you for sparing the rest of us the expense

2. Thank you for all your other efforts in trying to fix this

3. DFI, pull your finger out!!!

Any luck with the 6.85 chipset drivers Predator? Or are they acting the same as the 6.70?