SLI crashing - Signal Frequency is out of range

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I flashed back to the early BIOS and it still crashed. Your findings are interesting Muppet as I too run my two IDEs from the same line that feeds the 4 pin connector. The problem is, I have Antec TP II with only 2 4 pin connectos and both lines are used for the CD roms and HDs.

What am i suppose to do then? that's just rubbish.

Good troubleshooting Muppet.

Well i've been playing for ages now and not one crash so it looks like that is it so just try using the 4 pin with nothing connected to any of the molex plugs on that line and see if it's stable for you.I'm really interested in some feedback because it appears to be a fix for me. By the way ages means a few hours now :D YAY

I had a look at the same cable last night and all I have running off of it is the 120mm that cools my radiator..... I will try your idea but I'm now getting random locks when windows boots up.

I think its time to run MEMTEST again !!

If i hook up more than 2 fans i also get the crashing.I hope this works for you to, it has now been stable for around 4 hours, where's before it wouldn't last 10 minutes so i'm pretty sure now it's some kind of power problem.I still think DFI should have used a decent connection instead of a floppy for SLI.

Reinstalling the game didn't help either. Last night, i stayed up to 2AM rerouting cables and what have you as per Muppet's findings.

I ran two instances of Prime2004 and a looped 3Dmark03 as well. Still, the damn machine had a blank screen in the morrning.

I'll try playing some games tonight to see if it's gonna crash. Doesn't look like there's much difference anyway right now.