SLI crashing - Signal Frequency is out of range

Yep, we just tried it and had the same issue.

We're now reverting back to a DR.

The only other thing I'd like to know is that are all you chaps using the 4 pin power input to the motherboard rather than the 8 pin?

Thanks

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Thermaltake PSU doesn't have the 8pin connector, just a 4pin in to that connector and then the floppy connector on to the board aswell.

You think thats a possible problem then??

Its odd though that once the PC is rebooted after the first crash, it doesn't happen again.

Using the nVidia Network Controller, but I was using the Marvell before, had problems in games while using either. Haven't had a problem yet though since I installed the beta 82.12 Forceware drivers. Going to go have another bout of DoD:S to see if I am still lucky.

Just went another hour and a half of DoD:S without a problem. About a week away from knowing whether or not I am in the clear but I'm optimistic. Here are the changes that I have made so far: Disabled Default Monitor in the Device Manager, switched from Marvell network controller to the nVidia one, turned off all processes in the Task Manager that were under my user name, and installed 82.12 Beta Forceware drivers. The only thing that has made a noticeable difference so far are the new drivers (though too early to know for sure) but I thought I would include all the changes I made just for thoroughness.