Bud Of Mine Is Having Fun...UT 250GB...

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No it's DD water cooled and I'll fiddle with it more in a few days when the as5 is working better. The voltage is 1.55 @ idle 1.6 loaded.

what block are you using? the RDX? and whats the specs for your pump?

maybe 1.65v for 3.2ghz and i'd have to say that'd be an everyday runner.

TGM

TDX and Maze4 if I remember correctly. The mem controller is only marginally better than the 3700. The 3700's max mem boot speed was 185mhz the 4000's is 197mhz with these crappy infineon modules.

welp, you're paying the price for 2gigs on a single channel mem controller i spose. hopefully my dual 1gig TCCD G.Skill will scale better. it's be nice to see 291x11 :)

so you're not running a "white water" clone from DD, if i understand you correctly.

TGM

Here is my results so far using bh5-utt...

232 x 13 prime stable 48c load on air. 1.45@110%. This is with one stick only of memory.

and 3.3 volts using an ocz booster that has to be recalibrated everytime I reboot.

More volts gets me nothing and the booster will be comin off cause I don't like it.

Both sticks of my memory do not play well with my board as I can only hit around 220 x 13 with 1.40@110% prime stable but I keep tryin to keep 1t and 2-2-2-5.

The mem controller is only marginally better than the 3700. The 3700's max mem boot speed was 185mhz the 4000's is 197mhz

Nice work so far with the Newark 4000. However, the E5 memcontroller is essentially the same as the Newark 3700. I was hoping that the N-4000 would be an E6 mem controller like what's being used the dual core cpu's. The E6 mem controllers handle 2x1G pretty well. I guess I'm going to hanging with my 3700 Claw for a while longer. I'll save my sheckles for either a M2 upgrade (which means everything !) or a S939 dual core cpu system.

welp, you're paying the price for 2gigs on a single channel mem controller i spose. hopefully my dual 1gig TCCD G.Skill will scale better. it's be nice to see 291x11 :)

so you're not running a "white water" clone from DD, if i understand you correctly.

TGM

Define dual 1 gig tccd? are you saying your 1 gig sticks have tccd on them ?
I would like to go with a 1 gig 1 stick of memory.

Another poster pointed out to me that bh5 does not come in 1 gig sticks.

I dont know as much about memory as I would like.

Would someone care to suggest one ? tccd ?

you will not find TccD on 1 gig sticks eather