Bud Of Mine Is Having Fun...UT 250GB...

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Failed prime in minutes but I dont care since I am not making an entry in the O/C database. Games and everything else workin very well and thats my aim. All in all a very impressive core the Newarks are and lotsa fun to tweak on. Off to batlle and have fun.

Was that 32 pi with the 1 stick still in or back to your sig with divider ?

And what timings ?

Don''t know if it is only the E5 controller but I have had some incredible results with my Twinmos BH5. 1 X 512 stable at 265 2 2 2 5. 1.5 2 2 4 stable at 250 with 3.5 volts. It may be the bios version as well. The 6/23 doesn't play well at all with either my TCCD or BH5. I have to run the 5/04 tictac modded bios. These boards were built with BH5 in mind..

i personally like running the TCCD so i can have the flexibility of running a high mem bus with looser timings or a low mem bus with 2-2-2-5-1T as my TCCD will do.

TGM

@gadugger. If you haven't pulled a voltmod on that modstream I don't think you will be able to supply the voltage for BH5 to get over 225-230. Memtest is sometimes useless when trying to determine stability. I only use it to determine whether it is safe to boot into windows and run prime, OCCT, or whatever.

that would make my 1x1gig stick choice useless since even at 200mhz a 1x1gig stick will only run at 2.5-4-3-8 1T.

Depends on the RAM TGM. My 2x1024 Infineon CE6 RAM will run from 200-220 fsb at 2.0, 3, 2, 5 1T timings. Right now I have them running 2.0, 3, 2, 7 1T. The problem I run into with the Clawhammer is the mem controller. I can't get 1:1 with a 250 fsb, regardless of timings. The Claw's mem controller doesn't seem to like 2x1024 at high memory fsb. The mem controller seems to like the 166 divider. But with some of the pc4000 RAM around now, a 1gig stick doesn't necessarily mean very loose timings.

@gadugger. If you haven't pulled a voltmod on that modstream I don't think you will be able to supply the voltage for BH5 to get over 225-230. Memtest is sometimes useless when trying to determine stability. I only use it to determine whether it is safe to boot into windows and run prime, OCCT, or whatever.

No idea how to do it.

Havn't researched that one yet.

It will go to 3.6 in the bios.

No idea how to do it.

rmemebr that high mem voltage and a low vcore will more than likely kill your cpu. you must not exceed the defualt vcore and defualt vmem gap. so if your vcore is 1.35 and the mem is 2.5 the diference would be 1.15volts between core and mem voltage. in need be, just bump the vcore up by .5volts.

TGM

EDIT: just remembered about AMD's QnC feature. that places your cvore down to 1.1volts. so take 1.1vcore from 2.5vmem and don't exceed the diference of 1.4volts between the core and mem voltage.

No idea how to do it.

The actually memory voltage will be .15 to .20 lower than the 3..3 rail of the PSU no matter what you set it at in the bios. Meaning if your 3.3 rail measures 3.3 you will never see voltages higher than 3.15 at the memory.

If you need to voltmod the PSU shoot me a PM and I can tell how to do it, takes about 15 minutes and 4 bucks worth of parts.

I had TCCD before and my performance with BH5 on the NF3 is way better (at least from a OCer point of view). Of course you need to deliver more juice than the mobo will do from stock but I had an OCZ powerstream so everything worked great and I am much happier at ~252FSB @ 2-2-2-5 than I was with my TCCD specially since running my CPU with 2 sticks limited my FSB to about 262 compared to 300 with only 1 stick, so BH5 was a no brainer choice. Perhaps the new 754 CPU has a better mem controller than my old 3400 NC and will allow for higher FSB from TCCD but still I rather take BH tight timings any day.

Regards

i hear ya, i have 2x256 Mushkin BLack PCB BH5's and those things could tweak tight. on my nf2 i could run prime stable at 255 2.0-2-2-2-10(or 5)-10-16-4-4-6-3-3-3-5-1T w/3.3v

but, i want a gig of ram and the TCCD's are my best chioce. also, the mem controller is more robuston the E4/E5 rev. people have been telling me they could reach 290mhz with the same ram i have with an E4 chip.

i don't know how my TCCD's will run on my new nf3 mobo for sure yet, but on my UI nf2 it ran 2.0-2-2-2-5-9-10-1-1-3-3-2-1-3-1T at 235mhz with 2.8vmem

TGM

The actually memory voltage will be .15 to .20 lower than the 3..3 rail of the PSU no matter what you set it at in the bios. Meaning if your 3.3 rail measures 3.3 you will never see voltages higher than 3.15 at the memory.

If you need to voltmod the PSU shoot me a PM and I can tell how to do it, takes about 15 minutes and 4 bucks worth of parts.

Are you saying that even with my ocz booster that I am only getting 3.15 ?