Bud Of Mine Is Having Fun...UT 250GB...

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes the 2X1 gig sticks are booted with a 166 divider then a64 tweaker is used to bump the divider up to 9/10. Here are the results with a single gig 246X13 1:1 at the same voltage in sig. I'm pretty sure that it would do 248X13 with more cpu volts but I am unwilling to do so. I'm really quite happy with these results as I just finished a round of BF2 and it ran amazingly well with the single module and reduced eye candy. I think I'm gonna stick with the single module and pop the other into my sons 3700 clawhammer rig and see where that ends up.

looks like 3,2GHz could be a reality for me as well, for everyday use. great job oc'in that thang :)

TGM

I think I'll go with some water on mine. I already have a dd video waterblock, radiator, and pump from my old nf7. Just get a cpu block and that 1 stick of 1 gig and try it again.

I have an old style zalmann waterblock but it is real heavy and I dont want to sit it on that 4000. A lite dd should do the trick.

By the way I mentioned earlier that I was trying to keep tight timings at 1t on my oc's with the bh5's but I should mention that I tried many other settings and was not succesful.

2t with 2 sticks helped it prime a little longer and htl at 3 or 4 makes no difference nor does loose timings.

1 stick of 512 makes a big difference though. prime stable at 232x13 and 31s 1 meg super pi.

2 sticks = 218x13 stable.

I can boot at 250x12. 2-2-2-5 and super pi 30s 1 meg with 3.5 volts to the memory :D

But fails prime right away.

but your using BH5 ram, it's not recommended in any way to run on the nf3 or nf4 A64 mobos. it's a totally different beast. it would be like my running my new TCCD's on my nf2 and expecting them to run at 2-2-2-5 at 250 just b/c thats what they're rated for. but the TCCD's are only rate for 2-2-2-5 at 250mhz for the nf4 systems.

it's all about compatibility and the right model equipment.

i remember trying to get a friends UI nf2 to run his new 1gig kit on the bios i run just b/c i could overclock with better timings and all that. so, i flashed the bios to it and his ram was really flakey, couldn't even get it stable at defualt clocks, lol. he later bought some better ram and we tried again and it was a whole new experience. :)

TGM

but your using BH5 ram, it's not recommended in any way to run on the nf3 or nf4 A64 mobos. it's a totally different beast. it would be like my running my new TCCD's on my nf2 and expecting them to run at 2-2-2-5 at 250 just b/c thats what they're rated for. but the TCCD's are only rate for 2-2-2-5 at 250mhz for the nf4 systems.

it's all about compatibility and the right model equipment.

i remember trying to get a friends UI nf2 to run his new 1gig kit on the bios i run just b/c i could overclock with better timings and all that. so, i flashed the bios to it and his ram was really flakey, couldn't even get it stable at defualt clocks, lol. he later bought some better ram and we tried again and it was a whole new experience. :)

TGM

Yeah but if I knew the answers to everything from the start then it wouldn't be any fun would it ? :)

So does anyone think my theory is correct about getting 1 stick would be better.

Or is it just my memory and think I could hit high fsb or ldt (whatever you wanna call it)

with 2x512 or 2x1 gig even. with another brand ?

For this board only of course.

i'm expecting either to run 1:1 with a very high HT bus, or run with a divider at around 200mhz mem bus but with 2-2-2-5-1T. people have been telling me that they were able to run 2x512 TCCD as high as 290 with 1T, but i'm not holding my breath, lol.

it'd be c00l to be able to get 2.5-3-2-5-1T at 291x10 = 3200mhz

but i'd be just as happy with a 320x10 HT Bus with a mem divider to run at or below 250 mem bus with 2-2-2-5-1T. :)

the A64 platform isn't about mem bandwidth anymore, so you can run a low mem bus and not have a performance penalty, but what i am concerned with is system latency. so low mem bus with tight timings or high mem bus with looser timings, which ever gets me the lowest system latency

TGM

So does anyone think my theory is correct about getting 1 stick would be better.

Or is it just my memory and think I could hit high fsb or ldt (whatever you wanna call it)

with 2x512 or 2x1 gig even. with another brand ?

For this board only of course.

well, i contemplated that option also. i came to this conclusion; with 2x512 TCCD i could run 250 or below mem bus with pretty damn tight timings (prolly 2-2-2-5). and if i ran the 2x512 TCCD at a high mem bus i could almost get as high as 1x1gig stick. so the high mem bus was pretty much equal. but then i thought, "what if i got lowered system lats with the mem bus being, lets say at 233 with 2-2-2-5 timings?" ....that would make my 1x1gig stick choice useless since even at 200mhz a 1x1gig stick will only run at 2.5-4-3-8 1T.

TGM

Agreed on the compatability issue but it's always nice to experiment as well. If anyone is interested the 32M time was 25m27s. Prime fails after 6min? Hehe this'll be fun.

LP,

great time on the 32m, top percentile ....wonder what timings you're running, as they affect your times on spurePI. i've seen people with 23mins+ running with only 2.9ghz single core.

TGM