Power Blackout In Ne Usa

frictionboy

Talked to Psy a lil while ago... he's got power, but no net.

Good thing about east TN... we've got 4 power plants within 100 miles.

I live in west TN. When our downtown got leveled by tornados in May, I never lost power. Lost phone(and internet) for 8 hours, and that was bad enough.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I've been watching TV a lot, and since I live roughly 20 miles from NYC, I get their local stations.

There is very littled power being restored now, in my town even and I never went out...so, idk.

However, they had the serious experts on and lightning was denied as a reason. I did hear that hackers could do this, and could have down this and that it all started with a surge in the midwest.

PSYWAR? What did you do?! :P

General, do I need to remind you about your comments? There will be no more warnings, next time I get a report about you making comments like you have been, you'll be banned. Understand? Now, keep it to yourself.

Steve, while I understand where your comming from, just ignore comments like that... or better yet, use the report to a mod feature.I agree with you 100%, but we don't need to turn this into a national war of words.

I was just stating what i saw on CNN that we are blaming eachother for this mess. And that im not gunna get involed in da blame game....

Also Im currious why do we share a main interconnect with canada? Im just kidda curious bout that. You would think that they would have their own interconnects. I guss power is still out in detroit, because i havent heard from big red yet. Hes probly having fun restarting all of his servers.

most of your power comes from a place in Newfoundland Called Churchill falls, our first premier sold us out to quebec and sold the project for 1 dollar plus 15 cent for every dollar made from this plant. Quebec is getting rich and we are getting screwed. now, our plant is running fine, just the distribution of it is upset. anyways sorry for the politial ranting!

i'd imagine that the backbone is interconnected because a huge source of power is in niagra falls, which happens to be on both sides of the border. not usre tho.

btw, if my comment about the cause being in penssylvania, i'd like to say that i wasnt BLAMING usa. i just had been listening to the radio for 7 hours and tht seemed to be what they were describing as the cause. i wouldnt blame america for it, it's not their fault, it was a technical problem.

Well in Wisconsin we dont rely on power from anyone else. We got three nuclear powerplants, four Coal plants, 5 Natrual gas plants (with three more on the way). But Wisconsin Eletrictric AKA WE engerys, Is funded by the money they make. Also we got two eletrict barriers Lake Michigan, and Lake Supiror

Hey All

I live in Rochester,Ny we got hit with the power outage. Amazingly though we got power back before Buffalo which has there own power plant. But not before NYC. It suxed coulnd't play on my comp ;(

Bah! You want worst scenario EVER?

I live in Ottawa, and we just got our power on at about 12 noon EST.

Yesterday, about 3 hours before the blackout, I had some nice surgury. I was depending on sweet sweet TV to sustain me and distract me from the incredible pain of stitches and the aftereffects of getting one of the bones in my toe ground down.

Stupid powerout = me sitting in the dark until about 5 AM, not able to sleep cause there isn't anything to do but think about how much pain I'm in. And I was popping a Tylenol 3 every 2 hours or so. crap things have no effect on me.

But its all good now. Toe stopped screaming in constant pain at some point when I passed out from the heat/pain. Little bit easier to stand today.

most of your power comes from a place in Newfoundland Called Churchill falls,  our first premier sold us out to quebec and sold the project for 1 dollar plus 15 cent for every dollar made from this plant.  Quebec is getting rich and we are getting screwed.  now,  our plant is running fine,  just the distribution of it is upset.  anyways sorry for the politial ranting!

It's the utility that's getting richer, not the general public. Yesterday on the news, I heard that the Quebec government allowed a 6% increase for the cost of electricity. Strange that they need more money when they made a profit of way over 1 billion dollars last year.

No power outage here in Montreal, we're also on a seperate grid. I hope the politaical situation never gets to a seperate grid here either.

IM baaackk!! :P

I lost power for about 2 and ahalf hrs.. comcast went down though.. and I dident have to work :P

we couldent open the freezer doors because.. well.. we dident want product to go in to meltdown :P

FInally just got the cable back.. Ive been waiting all day for it :P

My little area is still the only ones with power around here.. most of marysville is still out.. oh well.. maybe tomorrow..