DFI Expert CPU temp sensor reporting incorrectly?

Hehehehehe. Yeah, right. Off with the FX-60! Not! As a MS red-nake what in hale me know?

I ain't got nothing else much to say fur me ownself. Me don't know nuttin else man.

RGone...

ROTFLMAO!!! :shake: If you read that in context...that was a good one.

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i just wonder. If let say later on DFI find out that the problem comes from the board, and they built a new rev DFI that fix this issue, how about us the user who bought earlier Expert? Will DFI replace it with a new one or we the loyal DFI user needs to buy a new expert that fix the issue?

hehe just wondering :D

i just wonder. If let say later on DFI find out that the problem comes from the board, and they built a new rev DFI that fix this issue, how about us the user who bought earlier Expert? Will DFI replace it with a new one or we the loyal DFI user needs to buy a new expert that fix the issue?

hehe just wondering :D

THAT RIGHT THERE is the question of the day!...

About as much chance as if the processor is found to be the culprit and have AMD replace it cause it reads wrong on your board :)

Sometimes things get lost in the translation so I'll follow their guidelines and let you know what's going on.

I don't know if it's worthwhile recording the temps again with my various chips as I don't believe them anyway. May pop in the Opty, the 4000+, and the 57 and see what MBM5 says, but it doesn't appear they are looking for emperical data of any sort, just the processor. So be it. Think the 4000+ will be making the trip. I think it's got relatives over there anyway :)

Some of the guys were saying the NVidia monitor is giving them accurate and stable temps in their "Infinity" boards, and that SG, MBM5, and Speedfan are still going nuts with readings, even with the latest BIOS. So maybe something else to try. But just use the NV "monitor" function of course.

As for the CPU "swap", I'm thinking that contacting Frank is what they mean by the "contact us" in their e-mail. If nothing else I'm sure Donna will help to sort it out. :D

well certainly a good floging for someone is in order. :)

If it's a defective component that is replaceable I'm sure they will offer a service.

Still leaning towards something in the BIOS, but I empathize with your fellings.

Hi guys,

I'm maybe in the wrong topic, but I'm experiencing exactly the same issue but with a brand new Lanparty SLI DR.

I had to plug my CPU fan directly on my PSU otherwise he was never working. It's temp stay almost all the time under 25°C (full charge @ 29 -30 )

... Bye bye Silence :(

Idle :

mmb5idle8ow.jpg

Hi guys,

I'm maybe in the wrong topic, but I'm experiencing exactly the same issue but with a brand new Lanparty SLI DR.

I had to plug my CPU fan directly on my PSU otherwise he was never working. It's temp stay almost all the time under 25°C (full charge @ 29 -30 )

... Bye bye Silence :(

Idle :

mmb5idle8ow.jpg

No, you're in the right topic. The title may reference the Expert board, but the problem is not limited to that model. I have an Ultra-D with the problems as well. If you have time, go back through this post and look for the email address that was listed for DFI. Since you are one of the few non-Opty users, you might be able to offer some information.

Chum

Some of the guys were saying the NVidia monitor is giving them accurate and stable temps in their "Infinity" boards, and that SG, MBM5, and Speedfan are still going nuts with readings, even with the latest BIOS. So maybe something else to try. But just use the NV "monitor" function of course.

Just gave it a try and unfortunately it still reports the same temperatures as MBM5 i.e. 22 degrees