unofficial DUAL CORE opteron thread

racinjimy

• Replies 940
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those interested...

Dual Priming right now at 290x10 @1.3+116% (1.508 for those without calculators)

Weird though, I'm completely capapble opening stuff in windows, its not like its lagging at all. Task manager shows both core at full speed, so beats me. I guess 2900 is just fast enough....:)

Tried 3.0GHz, but it need close to 1.7 to get stable so I'm just calling it good enough here I think. Probably shoulda primed this last night instead of now... :rolleyes:

LOL, indeed thanks :P

Very nice, I will have to try to overclock when my new psu arrives; Opteron 175, overclocked SLI, four SATA2 @ RAID-0... I guess all these were too much for the poor Enermax, at least it survived but led me to believe the 175 wasn't good for overclocking with a max 2.75 ghz, we will see what happens then.

joek71, the important thing is the final result either it be with higher % or higher CPU VID values. You have these two so there are more voltage options for the resulting vcore.

This graph works as good as having a calculator :)

a64vid6cc.gif

Cool thread. Just got my 165 yesterday, it seems to be a good stepping (CCBWE 0602) its been priming since i got it from stock FSB to 240 atm, and thats at stock voltage. any one else have this stepping?

Weird though, I'm completely capapble opening stuff in windows, its not like its lagging at all. Task manager shows both core at full speed, so beats me. I guess 2900 is just fast enough....

Not sure I understand this statement..does 2900 feel so

when I would push an OC on my 170 if it was boarderline...it loaded sluggishly and explorer opened slowly...also tru if ram was pushed a bit too much

No 116% on there. :) I should make my own once I get Excel installed...

What? You are right... was that a typo or do you have a BIOS that has this weird %?

I remember having all those %, but now I only have 104, 110 and 113% :(

Jouji-San, I have this one and still the jury is out delivering since my Enermax 600w was not up to the challenge:

opteron1757vw.jpg

As for being "poopy oc'er" I will have to say there is nothing wrong with a dual core running 2.75 ghz, which was what I could run mine at with the bad power supply... I guess it could do better :)

Cool thread. Just got my 165 yesterday, it seems to be a good stepping (CCBWE 0602) its been priming since i got it from stock FSB to 240 atm, and thats at stock voltage. any one else have this stepping?

This is why (read his signature):

2x 160GB Samsung Spinpoint 3.0GB/sec drives in RAID 0, 2x 160GB Samsung Spinpoint 3.0GB/sec storage drives (non-RAID), 2x Western Digital 320 GB backup/storage

I wonder what lag can you encounter with a good RAID-0 array like the one he has, hehe. I didn't saw much diference in windows explorer, but now other aplications have a huge improvement.

All I know is how at 2.75 ghz I saw faster FPS with the Opteron at 2.75 ghz than with my 3700+ SD at 2.9 ghz, and IMO thats amazing.

704-2BTA removed the 123% and up becasue of risk of too much voltage....

Uhh, ok... sounds reasonable... but like I said before: its like disconnecting four spark plugs from your V12 Ferrari engine because "it is dangerous if the car can go fast" :P

Some have said it is dangerous, but I don't know BIOS settings could change with out a user changing them, just a thought ;)