Unofficial Opteron 939 Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

newguy --> Thx ;)

elrichmeister --> My watercooling includes 2 radiators (a large one from an air-conditioning system, and another that look likes BIX), an Atman AT-103 pump (Qmax=1300l/h, Hmax=1.2m --> I think it warms up the water in an awful way) and 2 homemade waterblocks.

With wb #1

config10cw.th.jpg

With wb #2

config27va.th.jpg

Actually, the idle temp is 4°C higher than the water temp no matter which waterblock I use :confused: . When fully loaded the temp is approximately 6 to 10°C higher than the idle one depending on the Vcore and the frequency achieved by the CPU.

What about your PQI TCCD? I am able to run it @300MHz 2.5,4,4,8, 2.7V

Check this link:

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showpost.p...33&postcount=18

Edit: Price has already jumped

Monarch has retail 144's in stock for $149, plus cheap shipping. These things are going fast. I have been watching these Opterons through various retailers the past 36 hours. At 7:00 AM this morning Newegg had the 144's in stock for $165.... at 4:00 pm the price jumped to $175... within the past hour they jumped to $189. Meanwhile Monarch has sold out of all their 146's, within the past 2 hours the 148 OEM's jumped from $207 to $217, I bet within 24 hours long they'll be $250 or out of stock.

http://www.monarchcomputer.com/Merchant2/m...gory_Code=AMDOP

newguy --> Thx ;)

elrichmeister --> My watercooling includes 2 radiators (a large one from an air-conditioning system, and another that look likes BIX), an Atman AT-103 pump (Qmax=1300l/h, Hmax=1.2m --> I think it warms up the water in an awful way) and 2 homemade waterblocks.

Actually, the idle temp is 4°C higher than the water temp no matter which waterblock I use :confused: . When fully loaded the temp is approximately 6 to 10°C higher than the idle one depending on the Vcore and the frequency achieved by the CPU.

What about your PQI TCCD? I am able to run it @300MHz 2.5,4,4,8, 2.7V

Check this link:

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showpost.p...33&postcount=18

yea i havnt had any time to play with them yet, i was having trouble booting up at 300mhz w/divider, so i gotta get that fixed as well. but right now i have no time to fiddle with it hehe. school and work :(

I wrote my guestion here too... So, does this: Lanparty UT nF3 Ultra-D, S939 work out of box with opty 148? That's my only cpu, so I don't know wich mobo I should by, because if that DFI does not post, i cannot flash new bios. :(

please help me...

My Opty works just fine with DFI.I simply took out 3200+ Venice and plug Opteron 146 in socket and boot with no problem.

If your system won`t post find other processor from a friend or someone...and flash the BIOS.

I wrote my guestion here too... So, does this: Lanparty UT nF3 Ultra-D, S939 work out of box with opty 148? That's my only cpu, so I don't know wich mobo I should by, because if that DFI does not post, i cannot flash new bios. :(

please help me...

I can confirm that it works well with 8/24 and 8/15; I have heard that it is fine with 7/11 as well.

Just found this site. Soon to be owner of a Opty 175 with DFI Ultra-D. Should be here tomorrow.....better be here. Just waiting for processor and vc and I'm set. Gonna be my first built so I can't wait. Hope everything goes well. I'm a little curious as to what bios to have. Also I got a ThermalRight XP-120 with 120mm Vantec Stealth and I'm worried about it blocking where the memory goes. Well I could probably tell you about 10 things Im worried about....lol Any tips? Thanks