LanParty NF4 BIOS - Cleaned up 704-2bt a little

Really hard not to LOVE BIgToe's modded 704-2bta.

It seems to like ALL memory.

I've used it with Mushkin Special 2-2-2 (BH-6) with great results.

Be a nice starting point for ya.

I seam to be having trouble with my MUSHKIN HP Infineon BE PC3200 2-3-2-6 2GB Kit ( getting memory errors on shutdown and locks up every now and again )..only thing that has changed is the Ram and im using dividers now

Would this bios be better for the Mushkin ram ?

using 623-3 atm

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello there. This is my first post at DFI Forums and I'm also a newbie to OC with A64 and DFI mobos.

My question is this:

Can I use this bios(704-2bt) with my dfi infinity? I've got the actual bios dated 8-11-2005.

Guest Dynamic

Does this new bios that you modded together Tony, have any options for the CPU/CHIPSET fan to disable? That is my only problem with my bios that i'm using right now as far as running at default, for now at least that is. Anything would be appreciated, thanks.

Guest ElAguila
Hello there. This is my first post at DFI Forums and I'm also a newbie to OC with A64 and DFI mobos.

My question is this:

Can I use this bios(704-2bt) with my dfi infinity? I've got the actual bios dated 8-11-2005.

I may be wrong but I am pretty sure that this bios only works with the nf4, nf4 ultra and nf4 sli boards. I believe the infinity and expert boards use different bios.

I have spent considerable time the last few days searching for BIOS information on my nf4 SLI-DR Expert mobo. I am currently using 12/07/05 official from DFI which is working with my TCCD just fine but tomorrow afternoon I'll be switching the TCCD for a pair of Mushkin Redline BH-5 sticks. I have picked up important details on what BIOS versions may be better suited for this setup but nothing very specific. I would like to know of specific BIOS versions I can use to better suit my new setup (BH-5)? Even if I could just get pointed in the right direction to threads, post, articles, etc... that would be great!

I seam to be having trouble with my MUSHKIN HP Infineon BE PC3200 2-3-2-6 2GB Kit ( getting memory errors on shutdown and locks up every now and again )..only thing that has changed is the Ram and im using dividers now

Would this bios be better for the Mushkin ram ?

using 623-3 atm

No one can answer that question for you - you'll just have to try it out for yourself and see.

However - I doubt it would help. Most likely your problem is the timings on your memory, or the memory controller not being too fond of the divider you're using, or some combination thereof.

No one can answer that question for you - you'll just have to try it out for yourself and see.

However - I doubt it would help. Most likely your problem is the timings on your memory, or the memory controller not being too fond of the divider you're using, or some combination thereof.

yea ive tried changing the timings ..but it still doesnt help ..also running at stock 1/1 i still have the same problem ..memtest doesnt show anys errors too

Well I finally was able to flash my Expert with BIOS version E704-2BT and install my new Redline BH-5's. At the moment I am testing but everything is stable at stock speeds. After trying to flash my BIOS using the normal floppy disk method with no luck I finally made TMods "Flashing & Utility's CD" with all the BIOS files on it as well as some useful utilities and with that flashing my Expert was a snap! Thanks for all your help guys!

As I stated in above post I just recently flashed my SLI-DR Expert to BIOS version E704-2BT (11/18/05) from DFI official version 12/07/05 because I got new Mushkin BH-5 Redline RAM. From what I've read and been told this E704-2BT version is better optimized for BH-5/UTT/etc.. so I thought I'd give it a shot. After I flashed my board and did the correct BIOS initialization process I went into BIOS with old TCCD RAM installed and preped the BIOS for new BH-5 RAM.

I then powered down, unplugged, then replaced my TCCD with Mushkin RAM (At first I just used a single stick). Long story short it took me some time to install both moduels and get my board to boot with dual channel enabled. The first few times I got the dreaded beeeeeep, beeeeeep, beeeeeep, etc.. along with 3 diagnostic LED's staying lit so I knew it was a RAM problem. I just powered down, unplugged, pulled both sticks out and replaced them making sure they were seated properly. After doing this a few times it finally booted in dual channel.

Now that things were running fine I started testing at the following settings:

CPU= 2.75Ghz @ 1.42v

RAM= 1:1, speed 250Mhz @ 3.42v, 2-2-2-5 (Besides the CAS, tRCD, tRP, tRAS all other DRAM settings were left to default E704-2BT settings)

At those settings I ran SuperPI's 32M test multiple times with no problems and then last night before I went to bed I started up Prime95 and ran it all night until I got back from college thismorning. Overall Prime95 ran for 15 hours with no error's or warnings. My problem is, after I show down Prime95, checked my e-mail I shut down system. Than about an hour ago I went to turn my computer back on and I got the same beeeeeep, beeeeeep, beeeeep, along with 3LED's. I had changed nothing at all it just wouldn't boot. So I powered down, unplugged, pulled sticks, reinstalled sticks, plugged in, powered up and it booted no problem. I went into BIOS and indeed no settings had changed.

I have searched but with not much luck. Is it possible for me to run DFI's official 12/07/05 bios version with my Mushkin BH-5 RAM? I ask only because using an offical version it might be more stable or help with my random unbootable problems.

Does anyone have any idea what is going on here? I think this is a BETA BIOS so I realize DFI won't give support but many people use this version on their Expert. Thanks in advance guys for you help!