LanParty NF4 BIOS - Cleaned up 704-2bt a little

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, a few questions before I flash: Mainly, this BIOS seems to be optimised for the yellow slots, correct? So I might get better stability/OC when using the yellow?

Corsair themselves don't know for sure which chips this RAM (see sig) uses, they just call it TCCX - so this BIOS might not be the best to try out in the first place...? Does anyone have other recommends?

The 2 reasons I want to try a different BIOS: 1) hoping to clock the CPU a little higher 2) hoping to be able to tighten my timings somewhat. Even ig it's only from 2-3-3-6 to 2-3-2-6. I'm hoping for 2-2-2-5 of course.

Corsair themselves don't know for sure which chips this RAM (see sig) uses, they just call it TCCX - so this BIOS might not be the best to try out in the first place...? Does anyone have other recommends?

Have you been over at RAM guy's forum? I've got similar memory to you, can you tell me what revision & part no. you've got?

Thanks

Hi Tony,

I'd like to thank you for the excellent 704-2BTA BIOS :)

With a brand new set of Corsair PC4400 TCCD, I can post and run memtest (lots of errors) at incredible timings and VDRAM. DDR638 (2.5-3-3-8-1T) @2.5V. These are limited by my board's HTT alone. DDR600 @ 2.5-4-3-8-1t @2.8V would not work with the 6-23-3/latest official BIOS.

However, it seems like my CPU is running a bit hot, an increase of about 2C when idle. Is there a way to combact this?

Thanks again,

S-N

• 2 weeks later...

Yes I am almost certain that you can. Any UT Lan Party non-Expert board can safely use this BIOS version. If you get the time fill out your system specs in the "UserCP", that way we can better help you. That particlular BIOS is good for higher-voltage RAM like OCZ's VX, Mushkin's Redlines, etc... Good luck!

I filled out my specs just after I posted this. I have a problem where anything over 2.5 and my computer boots fine but it not stable at all (not even a second or two of prime95 untill i get an error). I have a good stepping (KAB2E) so I kow I can OC further and I know it is not my board so I am pretty sure it is my ram flaking out for some reason (jeeze I spent enough on it). I have been over at the extreme overclocking forums trying to trouble shoot this problem and one guy told me to come here and I have been reding a bit and would like to try this bios and see if it helps me get abetter overclock. I might start a new thread somewhere else for help if this bios doesn;t do the trick. But for now I will flash and see what I can do.

Also I was wondering what is the difference (if any) betwen my mobo and the DFi LanParty NF4 UT SLI-DR?

Someone correct me if I'm wrong on this but, my impression is that this BIOS is more tailored for better RAM support than to aid in oc'ing the CPU. Of course, better RAM results might ultimately result in a better CPU OC.

Mott, if you do flash the BIOS, make sure you follow all the guides. It's more than a simple flash, on this board. And from my own experience, disconnect any RAID arrays if you have any. In fact, disconnect from the Internet as well and handle the flash as if you were installing the board for the first time (minus the OS install).