LanParty NF4 BIOS - Cleaned up 704-2bt a little

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this thing f*** my nf4-sli-d it wont post so now what i flashed using awdflash

then typed 704-2bta.bin programd it then restarted and no go so what the f*** do i do.

I can tell you what to do.. STOP USING FOUL LANGUAGE !!

-THunDA

baba,

So your using version E704-2BT and it's dated 12/06/05? Well I am using that same bios, E704-2BT which I flashed from TMods CD and it's dated 11/18/05? I wonder what the difference is between the two even though they have the same name? Where did you download your from?

I'm having some bootup issues with this bios version on my Expert. Sometimes after I shutdown my computer I'm unable to reboot into bios or windows. For example, last night I ran my system all night while stabiltiy testing with prime95. I woke up this morning and shut down my computer to take a shower, once I got out I powered up the computer but it wouldn't boot. I got the dreaded beeeeeep, beeeeeep, beeeeep, etc... and nothing else. I had to go to college so I just powered down and left. I just got home from class about 30minutes ago and it booted up just fine?

!) All temps were quite low (CPU, Chipset, PWM IC, GPU, and I also had an average RAM temps of between 85-94 degrees F)

2) Before I shut down this morning I checked voltage with SmarGuardian and MBM and even though these programs are not very accurate they were no differnt than they usually are

Does anyone have any ideas what is going on here or where I should start testing to figure out problem? Maybe I should try another BIOS version, put all settings back to stock levels (No overclocking) and redo stability testing? Thanks guys for any help you can give!

I was thinking that but since this is a thread on E704-2BT and he did specify I just assumed that is what version he was refering to, thank you though.

BTW, I was just at DFI's website at their Expert BIOS download page. I could be wrong but there are only 2 official BIOS versions from DFI? There are two of each version (.zip and .exe). Does that mean that every other version out there for the Expert is a modded or changelog? Thanks

I was thinking that but since this is a thread on E704-2BT

Actually this thread is on the 704-2BTA which is whole different animal then the E704-2BT.

Tmod

Oh, since it only says " LanParty NF4 BIOS - Cleaned up 704-2bt a little" I thought it was for E704-2BT, next time I'll open my eyes first. Sorry guys for posting in this thread about the Expert BIOS!

Edit: I just realized that 704-2BT is indeed the non-Expert version and that E704-2BT is for the Expert. I didn't realize the "E" singled out the Expert verions, :O !

cool...so i did everything correct. phew :)

thanks for the quick response!

im gonna check out this bios cd that everyone seems to like. i flashed mine with the good old floppy and the awdflash i got from the DFI website. i got a bit worried that it didnt boot up after flashing, but i just cleared the cmos and it was good to go...now the fun begins with my overclock. ***fingers crossed***