All AMD X2 owners should read this. Game performance issues.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bump....

Anybody know the answer from above question???

Thanks,

John

Hey John.

From what I understand after reading through the information on the official Microsoft knowledge-base, the above steps are required to ensure that this HotFix is in fact working.

You should follow them as you've already qoute them, and make sure you enter the 1 value, not 0 (zero).

If you ever desire to disable the HotFix, that's what the 0 is for.

Until someone else can shed even more light on this - Don't take your chances when installing this HotFix and simply add the registry key and value.

Samuel.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

This is my first post here, but I'm definately here to stay and learn :)

I have a 4400+ revision GH-E6 on a DFI NF4 Ultra-D (I'll post my sig as soon as possible) and have experienced these issues since the beginning.

I play a lot of Rome-Total war and the game is almost unplayable since my switch to x2 : with the game movies and speeches there are constant lock-ups, in the battles and even on the campaign map there are immense speedups that make managing your armies impossible.

I searched the RTW forums for similar issues, but found none, so I'm very glad I came across this thread.

Can anyone give me a summary of what to do ?

- install AMD X2 driver ?

- apply M$ hotfix ?

- run game on single core ?

- other ?

Which are the most important, and in what order should I try them ?

I'd also like to leave CNQ disabled as I'm hooked up to a Mach II GT unit right now, so I hope that's possible.

Thanks !

PS : I'm also having some serious issues with dual-channel operation with my OCZ VX ram (single channel of both sticks is ok) : can anyone point me to a solution or a forum thread adressing such issues ? Thanks again.

I got E6 and the amd drivers installed and my games crash, well they crash whole system!

I'm going mad... this is in CS:S and UT2004-64bit. I use x64 WinXP.

that hotfix "http://www.amdzone.com/files/WinXPdualcorehotfix.exe" is there a x64 patch too??

I dont know what to do... I'm a gamer that cant game :(

[edit]

in the CPU-Z app i see PCI-Express x8 and max x8 , shuldent it be x16 or something?

Hey guys,

This is my first post here, but I'm definately here to stay and learn :)

I have a 4400+ revision GH-E6 on a DFI NF4 Ultra-D (I'll post my sig as soon as possible) and have experienced these issues since the beginning.

I play a lot of Rome-Total war and the game is almost unplayable since my switch to x2 : with the game movies and speeches there are constant lock-ups, in the battles and even on the campaign map there are immense speedups that make managing your armies impossible.

I searched the RTW forums for similar issues, but found none, so I'm very glad I came across this thread.

Can anyone give me a summary of what to do ?

- install AMD X2 driver ?

- apply M$ hotfix ?

- run game on single core ?

- other ?

Which are the most important, and in what order should I try them ?

I'd also like to leave CNQ disabled as I'm hooked up to a Mach II GT unit right now, so I hope that's possible.

Thanks !

PS : I'm also having some serious issues with dual-channel operation with my OCZ VX ram (single channel of both sticks is ok) : can anyone point me to a solution or a forum thread adressing such issues ? Thanks again.

Have you reinstaled de SO??Do it and your problem might disapear.

hi

i have an x2 4200+ manchester BH-E4 revision and so far ive installed the driver and ive also installed the hotfix but in counterstrike source i get some artifacts and it tends to freeze at random times then unfreezes after 15-25 secs and may freeze again after some time and in battlefield 2 i a freeze once in a whie..not as often as in css.

im running win xp sp2 32bit version..wondering if anyone else still have freezing issues after driver and hotfix?

EDIT: battlefield 2 seems ok now if affinity set to cpu0 (made it run in compatibility for win98 and seems to auto set to cpu0 now) but css still freezes