All AMD X2 owners should read this. Game performance issues.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ElAguila

I wonder why some of the e4 x2's are having the issue and some are not. Fortunately mine hasn't had any of the studdering issues in hl2 or doom3 for me.

Guest shiznit
Man I was gonna get 4400+ but after reading all this...screw it.

I'm gonna go with a 4000+, I don't wanna have to deal with all this crap and I'll save a few bucks to boot.

if you pass up a 4400 x2 over this crap you are insane. it was never a cpu problem but a windows os problem, one that is now SOLVED. if you install the amd x2 driver and then this hotfix you wont have any problems. i did and the stuttering that would happed during games and some programs is now GONE. trust me, dual core is worth the hastle, you really have to experience it to appreciate.

Guest shiznit

by the way, who says you gotta get a 4400 ? get a 3800x2 or a 4000x2 (if you want the extra cache) and overclock!! my 3800x2 @ 2.45ghz is like having two 4000's, and costs less than one.

I got mine pretty much right away (July actually) and have had no troubles with BF2, Doom III

or any games for that matter. I have C & Q disabled and have not installed the driver. I assumed since I got mine pretty soon after release that I had an E4. I just did a quick CPUZ and was surprised and pleased to learn I have a SH9-E6 Rev. Go figure.

I have a X2 4400+ and I don't have the X2 driver installed.

For the most part, I haven't been having any problems playing Far-Cry or HL2. I did run into the issue with the King Kong demo. I fixed it by changing my affinity to one core.

Questions: In order for the MS patch to work, do I need to the have the X2 driver installed AND do I need to have CnQ activated?

do I need to the have the X2 driver installed

Doubt it - but I have it installed on my machine.

do I need to have CnQ activated?

Nope, I have this turned off in the bios and the M$ hotfix resolved some issues I was having - now I dont need to set the affinity.

Richie.