All AMD X2 owners should read this. Game performance issues.

Guest ElAguila

I think only those with this problem should install the hotfix. If it ain't broke don't fix it. I have not had any issues playing Doom 3, HL2, FEAR and Brothers in Arms. If you are having a problem then by al means apply the hotfix.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do you know your an e4 or e6 user? whats the difference?!

I haven't made it all the way through this thread...so this may have been answered...but this is not rocket science!!!!!!!!!!!

The E4 was manchester with 512K cache

The E6 is the Toledo core with 1024K cache

I have the 4400 X2 Rev JH-E6 , and I have no problems with CS:S and BF2. What was your Rev?

Note/Edit: I did install the AMD CPU drivers last week. Now my MBM does not 'on start-up' always detect the CPU speed correctly now. Oh well, live and learn. I'm not using the C&Q, but had read that the driver needed to be installed (not here, somewheres else, don't remember).

I noticed this too. I have jkust re-installed windows (another issue). Do I need the CPU driver on a rev. E6 3800+ X2?

Did you notice the driver inproved anything?

If it ain't broke don't fix it. I have a Manchester and a Toledo core, neither needed "fixing".

Faheyd... there's a setting in MBM to add some seconds to the timer for detecting CPU speed, set it to about 10 and MBM will report the correct speed.

Pmorocos... there's also 512K cache Toledo cores where half the cache has been disabled.

-pickles

Hey guys o had the same problem and i tryed everything and still nothing i thought about RMA'ing my cpu but i decided to do somthing else first.. I got windows xp 64 edition and installed all the updates with all the 64 bit drivers and installed every single game that was giving me problems just bout 7 of them. They worked! Every game works now and i even gained performace as well im happy i did this and i know it will work for you guys

installing amd driver (and CNQ disable)

the amd driver is NOT just for CnQ

then install the hot fix PROPERLY

and the issue will go away (for the ppl that have issue)

for the ppl that do not have issues, good for u.

(do not install the stuff mention above if u dont have issues, NONE of them help overclocking and NONE of them will give u more performance)

I am using WinXP X64 SP1 on my 3800+ X2 system and I am seeing the same stuttering problem on BF2 and the acceleration problem on Halo, with the symptoms being that the longer the computer is on the worse it gets. So this is not strictly a 32-bit issue. Unfortunately for me as far as I can tell, there is no hot fix for x64 even though the problem is with a 64 bit processor. So I will have to use the affinity option for now.

I find it interesting that the X2 processors with the 1 Meg of cache don't seem to have the problem though.

I have the E6 Stepping 3800+ X2. Cpu-Z identifies it as a Manchester Core. However Everest Displays my processor as a Toledo 512. From what I understand there is a transistor count difference in the two cores. 154 Million on the Manchester and 233 million on the Toledo.

i have an e 4 3800 x2 which i bought about a month ago. i have no gaming problems at all, i just play bf2 and css. So maybe that proc is just bad. I have not installed ne drivers from amd for my x2. Runs great get about avg 70 fps on bf2 and 150 on css. Also i have the manchester core. 32 bit os also

installing amd driver (and CNQ disable)

the amd driver is NOT just for CnQ

then install the hot fix PROPERLY

and the issue will go away (for the ppl that have issue)

for the ppl that do not have issues, good for u.

(do not install the stuff mention above if u dont have issues, NONE of them help overclocking and NONE of them will give u more performance)

Thanks, I have no issues at the moment