Tmod and loggan26's Bios Flash CD & Utility CDs NF/4/3/2+ATI

Guest Tmod_merged

"No Trojans Here:

I have had several PM's or posts regarding my CD containing a trojan, There are no trojan's on my CD.

The problem is most likely encountered when using Avast as it gives a false positive.

KillCMOS acts like a virus in that it wipes out the CMOS, Not destroying it but clearing it like no other method does.

So rest assured I would not place a trojan in my CD.

Please look at the menu images for the content of the CD, The images are always updated when a change is made to the CD or a new version is released."

Kill Cmos is A real virus and people were correct in querying you about it, a false positive just means that their antivirus is working correctly you might want to provide a special version of the file for those that have problems with their antivirus software. the program you have written may be named such and the code may be very close and close enough that the softwares like avast ect will pick them up. despite this being my first post on DFI-street I have watched this board grow up for several years. I even had an account at one time but the email I used is no longer active and I forgot my password. LOL I trust you tmod as the fact is that A_G or H_G whatever he's going by these days is a well respected person and he trusts you too. as I recall from some readings he's even used your Moded bios materials.

Best of luck,

Maverick

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"No Trojans Here:

I have had several PM's or posts regarding my CD containing a trojan, There are no trojan's on my CD.

The problem is most likely encountered when using Avast as it gives a false positive.

KillCMOS acts like a virus in that it wipes out the CMOS, Not destroying it but clearing it like no other method does.

So rest assured I would not place a trojan in my CD.

Please look at the menu images for the content of the CD, The images are always updated when a change is made to the CD or a new version is released."

Kill Cmos is A real virus and people were correct in querying you about it, a false positive just means that their antivirus is working correctly you might want to provide a special version of the file for those that have problems with their antivirus software. the program you have written may be named such and the code may be very close and close enough that the softwares like avast ect will pick them up. despite this being my first post on DFI-street I have watched this board grow up for several years. I even had an account at one time but the email I used is no longer active and I forgot my password. LOL I trust you tmod as the fact is that A_G or H_G whatever he's going by these days is a well respected person and he trusts you too. as I recall from some readings he's even used your Moded bios materials.

Best of luck,

Maverick

I agree that it acts like a virus, I don't agree that it is a virus.

It will clear the CMOS without question and that is the only thing it does.

I have run this several times and never had any issues with it.

Tmod

hi Tmod..

great tool..was wondering if it was gonna be updated on the cfx3200 section as i see there is a newer bios in dfi bios downloads and tony from ocz has a bios also which i noticed you dont have listed..??:sad:

cheers m8 and keep up the good work..:cool:

hi Tmod..

great tool..was wondering if it was gonna be updated on the cfx3200 section as i see there is a newer bios in dfi bios downloads and tony from ocz has a bios also which i noticed you dont have listed..??:sad:

cheers m8 and keep up the good work..:cool:

Yep she will be updated soon.

I have a little more forum work to do then back to that project.

Tmod

hey thanks for the great bios.i am using the 4v vdimm and i got her cranked, however in the bios and smart gaurdian is showing my vdimm at 3.2. have u seen this yet? and can i perhaps get 4v outta the vdimm?

I am not postive here but I thought there was a jumper for higher vdimm voltages.

Tmod

Hi mate,

Thanks for making such a great CD - i've been using it for a while now and its been so handy having all the BIOS' on hand and been a sinch to flash. Keep up the good work, much appreciated!

In your next update, do you think you could put Merlin's latest NF4 SLI-DR Expert BIOS in there? That would be much appreciated :).

Thanks!

Sure could, The update should be some time in the next couple of weeks.

At least I hope it is.

Tmod

Will you be adding the 11/15 BIOS for the Infinity 975X?

Thanks for all your great work!

I will be adding whatever the members request.

I have some time so maybe I will go through all of the bios's that have been released since I updated the CD and add them as well.

I will also be updating the hard drive tools as well as the signature files for F-Prot.

Tmod