Tmod and loggan26's Bios Flash CD & Utility CDs NF/4/3/2+ATI

Guest Tmod_merged

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm confused. My previous BIOS had a date of March 2006, and the 704-2bta has a date of 07/06/2005.

Why is it so old? Should I instead be using the April 2006 BIOS from DFI? I guess I'm not understanding why an older BIOS is so much better/faster?

Or am I a dummy and just loaded the wrong BIOS? I have the LanParty UT Ultra-D. Thanks.

I'm confused. My previous BIOS had a date of March 2006, and the 704-2bta has a date of 07/06/2005.

Why is it so old? Should I instead be using the April 2006 BIOS from DFI? I guess I'm not understanding why an older BIOS is so much better/faster?

Or am I a dummy and just loaded the wrong BIOS? I have the LanParty UT Ultra-D. Thanks.

Everything is fine, that is the date of that bios.

Run it and see how it works with your system.

Tmod

You may want to consider what a "later bios" actually does.

Generally they fix "issues" with the board or compatibility with RAM, Processor, or other components.

While the general sentiment seems to be that "newer=faster", this is seldom true. But it may be more compatible with recently released products.

Just because a new bios is released does not mean that all rigs/component combinations have an issue. Just that it may help some.

Certainly if you are using a Dual Core CPU on the DFI NF4 series you should be using 6/23 or later. But other that that it really depends on what works best for your rig, not someone else's.

Which is why most of the old-timers will tell "if you don't have a problem, don't flash".

At any forum you can read about a bios flash "gone bad".

IMO the beauty of Tmod's CD is that it is the easiest and safest way to flash your bios.

I've flashed a lot of bioses but I keep coming back to Tony's 704-2bta. It just seems to like my rigs.

Just flashed tonys 704 .

I got a freeze as i've raised to 250 Mh,but i did'nt set on bios the alphas.

now i will set manually on bios.

A question:

?why for lanparty ultra d Only 2 bioses:

tonys 623-2 and tonys 7042bt ,are available?

And why 623-2 and not 623-3 ? (the most famous official one)?

Anyway thanks it was an easy task to run,hope to get benefit .

&23-3 was the most good at the time it was released.

Then,along with 704 it seems th. most people are getting better performance rom .

off course ,it dpends f your particular memory/machine .

Its just a matter of % of people getting better OC around.

With differenthardware ,and with new hardwares/memoeies,it will probably change that "popularity".

I had upgraded from 623-3 without to check if was best suited for me.

As my memories were not good performing,at the end i 've discovered memories were faulty (NO BIOS blame) ,so i did'nt haver the chance to compare.

Hi there!

I own a DFI Lanparty NF4 ULTRA-D, 2*512 OCZ PC3200 Platinum Rev2 (2-2-2-5).

My bios is 3,09 (I do not remember if this is an original or modified one) but the system says 6.00 on boot.

I have a (athlon 64 3200+) 10x (2500 MHz) 1,525v, DDR (OCZ 2x512 platinum rev2 pc3200) 2.9v, 2,5-3-3-7 1T, chipset 1.6v, ΗΤΤ link 4x (4x250=1000)

I just bought a new 4200+ dual core and I want to know which bios to use in order to recognize dual core and to push the cpu as far as possible. I do not know if the bios I use does recognize dual core or not. It is on from 10/3/2005.

but the system says 6.00 on boot.

that's the version of "Award phoenix -bios" ,NOTHING to do with bios .

also you posted n the wrong thread (Nothing to do with "tmod cd").

Anyway:

623-3 recognize most of the dual cores , probably yours too.

But the Most compatible(i.e=the bios one th. recognize most the dual cores ) as far as i know, is 704_2bta and followers/newers (406 and so on).

if you have a bios newer than 623,almost sure your system will boot.

Take care:

DON LOAD any of your "OLD" presets from "cmos reloaded" section,once you have upgraded bios/cpu.

Load default ,then tweak ,and then save yo New settings on cmos reloaded.

Regards