Tmod and loggan26's Bios Flash CD & Utility CDs NF/4/3/2+ATI

Guest Tmod_merged

mines is like that also - i belieave when you reboot with the disk in your CD rom - you will get all the options etc.

i havnt used it yet - so i am not 100% sure but i dont see how else it would work -

i am sure someone who used it will post back and let us know

but dont worry its not only you - mines is blank also :)

Severla people suggested I use tmods' BIOS and BIOS CD... but I have no idea what makes his stuff different from DFI's. Do you know espresso? Is there a huge risk of BIOS corruption?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well i really dont know for sure - i havnt used it yet - but i belieave the reason being - they say to use his Cd is because its very easy to use and has alot of other programs on it and all different kinds of bios you can use or try - and see which works for you - i have the CD also - but i havnt done anything with it yet - since i am in the middle of changing cases and going to add WC - so i am not going to do anything till i am done with that - the i will try flashing to TMod's bios 704-2bta

they say its very good - it may work better for me or maybe worse - i cant really say - i dont really have any issues with the bios i have now - i may do it because i am curious and want to find out for myself - maybe it can help me get 2.8 stable once i am WC'ed - who knows -

you should read about how to use the Cd to flash your bios till you feel you know more or less what your doing and if you want to do it - if you dont have issues with your bios - maybe you dont want to do anything - some people say it helps them - so say it dosnt do much for them and i am sure some people flash to different bios's and works worse - you have to play around and see what works best for you and your hardware - i been told by many that its very easy to use and flash - Read more about it and how to flash it using the CD -

Severla people suggested I use tmods' BIOS and BIOS CD... but I have no idea what makes his stuff different from DFI's. Do you know espresso? Is there a huge risk of BIOS corruption?

The reason that I created the CD was due to the fact that floppy drives are found less and less on new systems and the floppies seem less reliable then they used to be (which isn't saying much).

There is always a chance of bios corruption whenver you attempt a bios flash.

I also removed the ability for the user to enter his/her own command line and then have problems with that.

I use the command lines straight from the DFI bios files themselves so there is no difference in that respect.

One thing with my CD is you must read what you are flashing, Look at the menu's and make damn sure it is for your board. I have no control over you reading the menu's.

Anyway let me know if you have any more questions.

Tmod

i've been scrolling there and there.

There is not a guide in flashing using the cd ,expecially in that thread.

There is a guide instead,on how to burn the iso.

I think it would be great ,and more effective ,to have the guide

of burning Tmmod iso/followed by a guide on how to flash correctly,since the cd is mainly about bioses and utility bios.

As for now ,i fear a bit to use that uncorrectly.

i wait to find "sure" infos, something "sticky" or at the beginning of that thread

i've been scrolling there and there.

There is not a guide in flashing using the cd ,expecially in that thread.

There is a guide instead,on how to burn the iso.

I think it would be great ,and more effective ,to have the guide

of burning Tmmod iso/followed by a guide on how to flash correctly,since the cd is mainly about bioses and utility bios.

As for now ,i fear a bit to use that uncorrectly.

i wait to find "sure" infos, something "sticky" or at the beginning of that thread

It is really simple and that is why I never made a how to use tutorial.

Burn ISO to CD

Reboot system ( Make sure CD drive is setup as boot drive in bios )

Select proper menu for board

Select bios that you want to flash to

Hit Enter

Wait for it to do it's thing (Flash that is)

Remove CD

Reboot system and setup bios

That is pretty much it.

Tmod

Thank You Tmod. Really simple as is.

do you suggest to use some "killcmos" First or after the flash?

when i asked was not only the bios flashing ,but the most good way ,

like i mean:

_set your bios to deafult.

-reboot ,flash

-clear cmos

-don use any "old bios preset" and be sure there are no "old preset":that's the point major concerning me...Do we have to use the so called "!killcmos "for that? --before or after?

As i 've read here around th. you can flash to a new bios but in fact don get improvemnts as you load "old saved" settings (from prior bios) ..

is it true?

That's what i meant ,asking for the "most right procedure "

thank You again for your attention ,mr Tmod,and sorry for bothering .

Your utilities are much appreciated!

like i mean:

-reboot ,flash

-clear cmos

-don use any "old bios preset" and be sure there are no "old preset":that's the point major concerning me...Do we have to use the so called "!killcmos "for that? --before or after?

As i 've read here around th. you can flash to a new bios but in fact don get improvemnts as you load "old saved" settings (from prior bios) ..

is it true?

Hehehe, I was just going to ask the exact same thing.

Do you suggest using killcmos first?

like i mean:

-reboot ,flash

-clear cmos

is it true?

Hehehe, I was just going to ask the exact same thing.

I would NOT recommend using killcmos until you really know what it does.

I would recommend just clearing the cmos with the jumper.

As far as setting the bios after the flash, I would recommend the following.

Clear CMOS after flashing the bios.

Enter bios on reboot and load optimized defaults.

Enter bios again on reboot and set it up that way you want.

Make sure you write down your CMOS settings before you flash the bios or clear the CMOS.

Tmod

tmod - thank you so much for helping us newbies. I've been making my computers since the 8088's and in all that time I never used a custom BIOS. :) Will diamondflash allow me to save my current BIOS and it's settings to floppy disk? Or is there another utility I should use to do that (if it's even possible)?

I'm sorry about all my stupid questions. But I've been an Asus user for a loooooong time, and switched to DFI after I got angry with Asus for screwing us ATI mobo chipset users.

I would just flash the bios from a command line using the floppy to save the current bios file.

I see no reason to save the file as it is available for download and saving the bios file doesn't save the CMOS settings.

Tmod

Does CD7.5 support the LanParty UT nF4 Ultra-D. I have CD7.5 but could not find my motherboard listed in the menus?

From sticker on box:

P/N:NF4U91-100M

LP UT NF4 ULTRA-D

Just look for this menu.

nf4menu.jpg

Tmod