Tmod and loggan26's Bios Flash CD & Utility CDs NF/4/3/2+ATI

Guest Tmod_merged

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't know that when pressing F6 during the Windows install there was an option for the CD.

Ahh yeah good point, I was thinking along the lines of using the Raid drivers for windows install but if they want to use it to install a new OS then they are shiznit out of luck.

Ahhh we will just skip the drivers.

Tmod

Which one BIOS flash page is for my MB?

LOL you are kidding right?

Now how the hell am I supposed to know what Bios flash page will work for you when I have no clue as to what motherboard you have.

You did not create a sig as required by the rules here on the street.

Once you supply the information that is needed we can go from there.

Tmod

Thanks for quick responce.

I have tried this BIOS page for Hot Swapping on different than mine MB.

Did I understand it correctly that this option is for flashing bios on the fly(when you replace existing flash chip with another one and MB is different).

I am asking because it did not work for me.

When I chose this option it opens page after caldera DOS and says something like "please wait". But there is no chip type on top and nothing happened even after 1/2 hour.

Do I have to try it from floppy with different flash program?

I did it some tim ago.

Sergey

Thanks for quick responce.

I have tried this BIOS page for Hot Swapping on different than mine MB.

Did I understand it correctly that this option is for flashing bios on the fly(when you replace existing flash chip with another one and MB is different).

I am asking because it did not work for me.

When I chose this option it opens page after caldera DOS and says something like "please wait". But there is no chip type on top and nothing happened even after 1/2 hour.

Do I have to try it from floppy with different flash program?

I did it some tim ago.

Sergey

Did you use the Hot Swapping Bios on my CD (Letter B)?

Are you sure the bios chips are compatible on each board?

Are the boards compatible?

Just because the two different chips fit in the same socket doesn't mean they are compatible.

Tmod

Thanks.

I did not check for compatability of chips.

I have tried to flash(not hotflash) it on MB with Nforce2 Asus (looks like A7N8X-VM/400 )and some MB with AM2 socket. I did not realise at that moment that you had included HotSwap option on CD. After that I have tried hotswap on Asus Nforce2 from your Cd and from from floppy with AWDFLASH and the result is the same. It does not recognise flash chip(should it?) and it says "please wait" and nothing happened.

Thanks.

I did not check for compatability of chips.

I have tried to flash(not hotflash) it on MB with Nforce2 Asus (looks like A7N8X-VM/400 )and some MB with AM2 socket. I did not realise at that moment that you had included HotSwap option on CD. After that I have tried hotswap on Asus Nforce2 from your Cd and from from floppy with AWDFLASH and the result is the same. It does not recognise flash chip(should it?) and it says "please wait" and nothing happened.

You are not telling me the info I need, Some motherboard with a AM2 socket dosn't tell me anything.

Let's make this easy on both of us.

What motherboard are you using to hot swap the bad bios with?

What are the numbers of the two bios chips (Peel back sticker if there is one on the chip(s).

EDIT: Also please post how you are doing this Hot Swap, Give me a step by step procedure.

Tmod

I have checked flash on MB I am trying to use for hot swap:

PMC Flash

PM49FL004T-33JC

And two I have:

SST

49LF004B

33-4C-NH

0450264-C

PMC Flash

MGJK4

Pm49FL004T-33JC

To me the first one and the last one look Identical, Isn't it?

Now about how i do flashing with hot swap:

The last times I just used Floppy (made under windows 98) with added 2 awdflash programs and BIOS image.

I have tried to use AWDFLASH 4.60 and as far as i remember 4.74 and 704-2BTA.bin Bios image.

Both of them gave me the same result.

I start up pc from floppy drive

Replace flash chip

and print command line for example: awdflash 704-2BTA.bin /py /sn /cc/ cp /ld /f /tiny /e

after i did that and pressed enter awdflash window appeared in first second "please input file name flashes" and then "please wait" appears and flashes. I wait and wait and wait....

I have tried to usde just awdflash 704-2bta.bin /f than the result is a bit different. AWDFLASh window appears first second "please input file name flashes" and then "please wait" and after several seconds screen turns black and nothing happens.

I remember some tim ago I had a problem when I was using old version of AWDFLASh. Am I using right one now?

With Hot Flash from CD picture is the same:awdflash window appeared in first second "please input file name flashes" and then "please wait" appears and flashes. I wait and wait and wait....

What else can i do. I have HotFlashing PC up and running WinXP now(installed it from the scratch) may be there are alternative programs to flash it?

I have checked flash on MB I am trying to use for hot swap:

PMC Flash

PM49FL004T-33JC

And two I have:

SST

49LF004B

33-4C-NH

0450264-C

PMC Flash

MGJK4

Pm49FL004T-33JC

To me the first one and the last one look Identical, Isn't it?

Now about how i do flashing with hot swap:

The last times I just used Floppy (made under windows 98) with added 2 awdflash programs and BIOS image.

I have tried to use AWDFLASH 4.60 and as far as i remember 4.74 and 704-2BTA.bin Bios image.

Both of them gave me the same result.

I start up pc from floppy drive

Replace flash chip

and print command line for example: awdflash 704-2BTA.bin /py /sn /cc/ cp /ld /f /tiny /e

after i did that and pressed enter awdflash window appeared in first second "please input file name flashes" and then "please wait" appears and flashes. I wait and wait and wait....

I have tried to usde just awdflash 704-2bta.bin /f than the result is a bit different. AWDFLASh window appears first second "please input file name flashes" and then "please wait" and after several seconds screen turns black and nothing happens.

I remember some tim ago I had a problem when I was using old version of AWDFLASh. Am I using right one now?

With Hot Flash from CD picture is the same:awdflash window appeared in first second "please input file name flashes" and then "please wait" appears and flashes. I wait and wait and wait....

What else can i do. I have HotFlashing PC up and running WinXP now(installed it from the scratch) may be there are alternative programs to flash it?

Yes the top and the bottom chip are the same.

If you are flashing on a Asus board you will need to use the program Asus uses to flash the chip. It may not work as Asus in all their infinite wisdom have made every program just for themselves for flashing purposes.

Take a look here for a tutorial I wrote on Hot Swapping.

Tmod