Tmod and loggan26's Bios Flash CD & Utility CDs NF/4/3/2+ATI

Guest Tmod_merged

fps shawn.....

Make a remote cmos jumper..... this is very easy to do..... you need a 2-way switch....

there will be 3 pins on the switch to match the cmos pins.... the switch is a 0n/on switch... so depending on the posistion of the switch...it's either boot or clear....attach it to the bottom front or back for ease of use....

Tmod.....Very nice tutorial.....very easy to understand...... I think some got confused (even me) because it didn't say the ISO is Already bootable you just need to burn it.....this clears it up....very nice work.....

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Err. K, btw!

the actual Jumper is the red cap thing?

fcking hell, i just removed it, and saw i cant do anything with those 3PINS so i took like 15mins to get it back on!

Btw, is it very Important to remove the Battery when clearing CMOS too?

cuz already removing the cmos thingy is tricky...and almost 0 to 1 to take out and put in Battery for MoBo...thx.

EDIT: Also, were in the old 3/10 BIOS were can i edit so it loads Bootable Disk's from my CD-R / CD DRIVE ??

Cant boot CD/ BOOT .ISO's now.. like Tmods CD, dunno why!

No, my Battery is impossible to take out... both my hardrive connectors are right there, its already hard enough to take and put in CMOS Jumper...

just need to know if the Battery is a BIG thing...

All you need to do is remove the HD cables and then pull the battery, It really isn't that big of a deal as I do it on mine all the time.

The HD cables have a tab so you don't put them back in backwards.

Tmod

like what does the battery take out and put back in thing do?

if there isnt even power going to the board....?

Ahhh grasshopper the battery is a power source is it not?

The battery keeps the settings in the CMOS when the power is removed from the board.

By removing it you are just making sure that no power is being applied to the CMOS to keep the settings in it.

Tmod

but can anyone explain removing it and putting it back on very good...?

I mean no dis-respect but some people think a little too much about any one certain thing and end up making it more difficult then it actually is.

Move the cables, push the little silver battery locking tab which ever way it needs to go to unlock the battery, pop the battery out.

Clear CMOS, move jumper back into position.

Pop battery back in the SAME way it came out.

Reapply power and let er rip

Tmod