Tmod and loggan26's Bios Flash CD & Utility CDs NF/4/3/2+ATI

Guest Tmod_merged

First I would like to apologize to those that are not able to download my CD.

File Front is in the process of upgrading their servers and say that once that is done the problem will disappear.

I do not have the bandwidth available on my BiosMedic.com site to host the files for my CD.

As of date between the first release and where it is at now I have tracked over 1,000 downloads.

I would like to thank all that find my CD useful and offer suggestions to make it even better.

I guess the bottom line is you get what you pay for and I am not paying anything for file front file hosting.

If you are really in a bind and have to get the CD I will have the file on BiosMedic.com and will pass the link out to special cases.

Tmod

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe you could do that Bit Torant thing...seems to work well here....

Maybe I don't fully understand it but I don't like the idea of having to place software on your system just to download the file.

My understanding of Bit Torant is that once you download the file you leave your system open so others can download the file from you.

Not sure I am entirely or even remotely close on my understanding though.

Tmod

I prefer not to use nero to make iso's.

It sucks at doing that....

If need be I can attach a script and file to make an iso that's bootable out of the files.

I would need to know what file I need to bootup though, also the location of that file within the dir sructure of the disc.

For instance /img/boot.bin or something, how ever the disc is setup.

This way it'll be a one click thing, then burn the iso with nero or other.

http://www.savefile.com/

That seems to be an allright place to upload such things ;).

Edit:

Or I could up the script for the devs of this disc.

That way they do all that, and if anyone wants to modify it they could use winimage or something :).

Whatever though.

If need be I can attach a script and file to make an iso that's bootable out of the files.

I would need to know what file I need to bootup though, also the location of that file within the dir sructure of the disc.

My iso is bootable already.

I am not using Nero to create the ISO but rather to burn the ISO

Thanks for the offer though!!

Tmod

Due to some of the problems with members using Nero to burn the iso I have created a tutorial using Nero Express to burn the iso as some prefer this method.

I wrote this tutorial while actually performing the process and it worked for me.

If anyone cares to take a look at the tutorial and offer their opinions I would be more then eager to hear them.

Tmods CD4.iso Nero Express Tutorial

Tmod

Did you burn the CD as a Bootable CD?

Tmod

Yes I did.

Also there seems to be different versions of Nero as the OEM doesn't act the same way as the full version.

That is exactly what I'm using..an OEM of Nero Express 6.

Also....My apologies for being so vague. This is the message that was recieved.

Boot from CD:

1. FD 1.44MB System Type-(06)

Starting Caldera DR-DOS....

EMM386 3.27 Copyright © 1992, 1998 Caldera, Inc. All rights reserved.

EMM386: Warning : Address line A20 already enabled.

_

And it freezes right there.

Once again I'm very sorry. Hope you can help. :)

Yes I am.

There is the problem then, You are not reading the tutorial.

There is not anywhere in the tutorial that I tell you to burn the CD as a bootable disc.

The ISO is already bootable and trying to burn it as a bootable disc will NOT work.

Read the latest Nero Express Tutorial in the fourth post in my thread.

Tmod

Due to some of the problems with members using Nero to burn the iso I have created a tutorial using Nero Express to burn the iso as some prefer this method.

I wrote this tutorial while actually performing the process and it worked for me.

If anyone cares to take a look at the tutorial and offer their opinions I would be more then eager to hear them.

Tmods CD4.iso Nero Express Tutorial

Tmod

Dont want to tell you how to do what you already do so well as im an absolute newb here. However imho opinion the easiest way to do this is once youve extracted the ISO so its the aprox. 78mb file, even though it still associates with winRar i just drag the file onto the nero icon on my desktop, nero does the rest. never had a problem so far. Created your disc last night, burnt first time, booted first time. Excellent work by the way. Just thought this could be an alternate technique you could recommend for folks having trouble.

No problems downloading it at 11:58 PM EDST on 10/21.

Thanks for trying the download!

It seems to be a hit or miss thing with downloading from file front as they are upgrading the equipment and I myself had a page 404 quite a few times.

But I did download it earlier as well just to see if it was working ok.

Tmod