Tmod and loggan26's Bios Flash CD & Utility CDs NF/4/3/2+ATI

Guest Tmod_merged

Depends on which bios's you are referring to.

The official bios I would suggest would be the 623-3 for the NF4 LanParty Boards.

You don't lose the warranty if you flash from a Official bios but even a BETA bios from DFI you lose the warranty. (Sorta sucks if you ask me)

Your best bet is to get another bios chip and use that for your regular bios then if it has to go back in for warranty pop the original chip back in.

Hope that helped.

Tmod

Ok, but if the pc stops to work, while you flash you still get a a new card on your guarantee?

I shall try to get a new chip, from my fathers work:D

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, but if the pc stops to work, while you flash you still get a a new card on your guarantee?

If you mean does the waranty cover a flash that has gone bad, I really don't have the answer to that as I am not a DFI represenative.

Living in Norway your warranty is probably different then ours in the U.S.

Sorry I wasn't able to answer your question.

Tmod

Hi Tmod

I found this information at oc forums:

First thing I want to mention is that DFI NF4 BIOS usually contain three versions, that is because each one is specifically designed to run with certain chips.

1. Version 1 is usually for TCCD/Micron/UTT-CH/UTT-BH/BH/CH. This is the general bios that should work ok but is not optimized for any specific memory.

2. Version 2 is for for UTT-CH/UTT-BH/BH/CH.

3. Version 3 is for the for TCCD/Micron.

Link to page http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=405670

If this is right perhaps chips information could be included in the menu?

affebaffe,

Thanks for the info!!

I might be able to include some descriptions but space it somewhat limited on the menus.

I will see what I can come up with.

Tmod

Semiconductor/Memory manufacturer/distributor. Primary production in the Orient but they do have a fab down the street from AMD in Dresden. They will be making removeable memory, the wireless controller chip, and the security chip for the XBox 360. The offer DDR and DDR2 in RAM up to 512MB stick size.

Dr. Nerdlinger :D

Oh ok he was referring to the bios support of some memory.

Hmmm I haven't seen or heard much in the way of support for infineon chips.

Any memory experts care to comment on this?

Tmod

Hi Tmod

I found this information at oc forums:

First thing I want to mention is that DFI NF4 BIOS usually contain three versions, that is because each one is specifically designed to run with certain chips.

1. Version 1 is usually for TCCD/Micron/UTT-CH/UTT-BH/BH/CH. This is the general bios that should work ok but is not optimized for any specific memory.

2. Version 2 is for for UTT-CH/UTT-BH/BH/CH.

3. Version 3 is for the for TCCD/Micron.

Link to page http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=405670

If this is right perhaps chips information could be included in the menu?

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showpost.p...154&postcount=2

Tmod -

Complete noob here, but you wouldn't happen to be able to add the 8/31 edition BIOS for the nF4 Infinity SLI to the cd would you? I would be extremely appreciative of this and your work would not go unrewarded.

Thanks in advance for any and all help.

Tmod -

Complete noob here, but you wouldn't happen to be able to add the 8/31 edition BIOS for the nF4 Infinity SLI to the cd would you? I would be extremely appreciative of this and your work would not go unrewarded.

Thanks in advance for any and all help.

Well I had thought about doing something along those lines but one or two bios's for each of the new boards and a menu for each would be a waste.

I could always combine the new bios's for the NF4 Infinity & X version on one menu with names for each flash stating what it is for but then that might create problems with people not reading what they are flashing.

Tmod