Tmod and loggan26's Bios Flash CD & Utility CDs NF/4/3/2+ATI

Guest Tmod_merged

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just burned the new CD and once again I wanted to say thanks for TMOD for making this process amazing simply and safe (flashing BIOS versions). I know it's been said before but DFI should include this CD in everyone one of their new motherboards, than you'd hopefully get paid for all your hardwork, lol!

Ack! I think I flashed the wrong bios for the wrong motherboard (704-2bta) and now the computer wont POST! I flashed it from the DFI NF4 Lanparty BIOS menu, however I have a DFI NF4 SLI-DR motherboard, does that mean I flashed the correct type of bios??

What should I do? (I have another dfi nf4 at hand it that helps)

Ack! I think I flashed the wrong bios for the wrong motherboard (704-2bta) and now the computer wont POST! I flashed it from the DFI NF4 Lanparty BIOS menu, however I have a DFI NF4 SLI-DR motherboard, does that mean I flashed the correct type of bios??

What should I do? (I have another dfi nf4 at hand it that helps)

Well if you have the Vanilla NF4 SLI-DR and NOT the Expert or Venus and you picked from the following menu then you picked the right one.

nf4menu.jpg

Now if you used the wrong menu then you have problems.

Let me know what exact menu you used to flash from.

Tmod

Luckily it was the CMOS that was causing me problems. Even after a 2hr cmos reset the rig wouldn't start so I left it to reset overnight and it worked this morning.

TMOD- thanks for your excellent tool. You are an all-star. Happy to see someone utilizing their skills! THanks again.

Glad to hear you find it useful.

Tmod

• 2 weeks later...

I used this CD to flash my NF4 Expert to the Tony EX406BTA bios. The flash went fine, and I pressed F1 to reset. Then it wouldn't post. After 30minutes of troubleshooting, I found out that it won't POST with ram in either of the first channel slots (closest to CPU), but running single channel was fine.

I tried flashing to the regular 406 BIOS with no avail.

All flashes were done @ stock speeds and 2.8v dimm /w CE-6 chips. Why would a BIOS flash fry one of the memory channels??