Tmod and loggan26's Bios Flash CD & Utility CDs NF/4/3/2+ATI

Guest Tmod_merged

Question:

I have posted this in the Nf4 forums but i am having some issues with my LSIU160 card and it reading my two raid 0 drives (in sig)

I updated my bios to 704-2 beta, however, no mater what I do I can't get windows to read one of the drives... everywhere I look on the storage forums (sysopt etc etc) it says that 99% of the time it is a bios problem

Have you heard of anything along this lines that it could be your bios? pulling out my hair here :P

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you heard of anything along this lines that it could be your bios? pulling out my hair here :P

I know there has to be several hundred people that have flashed using Tony's 704-2BTA and I have never heard of any problem such as your's that came from flashing the bios to that version.

Tmod

roger.. has to be something else then thanks

Well I am not saying that you can't be the first.

Have you tried flashing to a different version bios?

I assume you didn't have this problem with the prior bios.

Have you tried removing that card in Windows and then re-install it?

Just a couple of suggestions.

Tmod

Hey, Tmod, I have been neglegent in not "complimenting" you on your hard work! I simply want to add my thanks for making a CD that I can even use.

I haven't flashed my BIOS with it yet, but I have burned it to a CD-RW; it boots great. I am waiting to win one of your chips in the "BIOS contest". Then, I will have a backup, just in case I make a door-stop.

In all seriousness, you definitely go way above and beyond for all of us. You're much appreciated!!

p.s. I would like to purchase one or two of your chips. Do you have chips for my board? What is the cost for each one with shipping?

old_geekster,

Thanks for the kind words on the CD, Sorry you didn't win one of the bios chips.

Ahh maybe next time.

I have already updated some of the Hard Drive utilities on my CD and and I haven't heard of any new bios's out yet.

If anyone has heard of any new bios's for any of the supported boards please let me know and I will add them.

Tmod

Hey tmod I just wanted to thank u for making my life so much easier, i'll admit i have an addiction to tweaking.:) And your disk has made it so much easier for me to test each bios's performance that I can honestly say i have tested them all. Because of your disk I have not had a floppy drive hooked up to my main rig ..... ever! I slipstream my raid driver's so with your disk I have no need for a floppy drive. Well until I mod the bios on my video card. LOL

I've never flashed a bios before, but I followed the instructions perfectly on the "DFI BIOS Flash Instructions" on the cd. Not only did it fail to change to the new one (TMOD's 704 - NF4 LP), but it reverted to an earlier version (phoenix 6.00) of the stock one (phoenix 6.xx), which I don't even think is possible really. Is there something I missed somewhere? Can someone please explain how to load the above bios properly? I would really appreciate it. The instructions on the cd seems simple enough, but I obviously did something wrong.

Joe.

So you were trying to flash the Standard 704-2bta on to an Expert Board?

If flashing on the expert you would want to use the E704 under the Expert section.

Do you know what bios you are on now?

but it reverted to an earlier version (phoenix 6.00) of the stock one (phoenix 6.xx),

When it says Phoenix 6.00 that means nothing as all of the bios's no matter which board report that number.

That is not the bios number, The bios date is shown in the lower left hand side of the screen on bootup.

Tmod