Tmod and loggan26's Bios Flash CD & Utility CDs NF/4/3/2+ATI

Guest Tmod_merged

Nope, I didn't try 1X. I did burn like 7 or 8 different copies of CD 7, and two copies of CD 6.5, using both the burner in my desktop and the burner on my laptop. I also tried to boot from these CD's with two different DVD drives in my desktop computers.

When I get home tonight I shall attempt a 1X burn with Alcohol 120% and see what that yields. . .

-Verxion

When burning the CD did you finalize the CD?

Although a non-finalized CD works fine for me, others have had trouble if they did not finalize it.

Tmod

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Tmod.. welcome back !

I didnt even realize you made another cd.. I'll have to burn it tonight and corrupt my bios just so that I can flash with your new cd..

Thanks for the welcome back.

Wow a true tester going above and beyond the call of duty. :D

Let me know how it goes.

Tmod

TMod: Yes, I finalized the CD. I followed your steps to a -*T*-. I used winrar and I used nero, and I followed every step and had every dialog looking the same. :(

-Verxion

Is it possible to beg, borrow or steal a different CD or DVD drive to test and see if the drive might be the problem?

Tmod

Is it possible to beg, borrow or steal a different CD or DVD drive to test and see if the drive might be the problem?

Tmod

You must have missed this post-

Nope, I didn't try 1X. I did burn like 7 or 8 different copies of CD 7, and two copies of CD 6.5, using both the burner in my desktop and the burner on my laptop. I also tried to boot from these CD's with two different DVD drives in my desktop computers.

You must have missed this post-

Yep I missed it.

Well back to the drawing board then.

Tmod

Verxion,

I am going to make a few changes to the CD and I will send you a link for just you to download.

Give it a try and let me know if anything is different.

Tmod

Tmod - thanks a ton for the help on this. I ended up downloading flashcd, which worked for me, but in the interest of helping the community, I will test whatever builds you want. :)

-Verxion

Tmod - thanks a ton for the help on this. I ended up downloading flashcd, which worked for me, but in the interest of helping the community, I will test whatever builds you want. :)

-Verxion

Ok thanks!!

You have a PM.

Tmod

TMod, I guess I'm feeling kind of warm and fuzzy tonight, but I just wanted to let you know how much I (and I'm sure hundreds or thousands of others) appreciate the work you have done and continue to do on the BIOS CD. It is an invaluable tool, well conceived, and excellently executed.

In my mind you're approaching the status of such do-gooders and genius the likes of the code writers who did LavaSoft Adaware and Spybot Search and Destroy. All of you have the purest of intentions and the results of your hard work and commitment benefit anyone that touches a p/c.

Thank you very much.

Cheers.

TMod, I guess I'm feeling kind of warm and fuzzy tonight, but I just wanted to let you know how much I (and I'm sure hundreds or thousands of others) appreciate the work you have done and continue to do on the BIOS CD. It is an invaluable tool, well conceived, and excellently executed.

In my mind you're approaching the status of such do-gooders and genius the likes of the code writers who did LavaSoft Adaware and Spybot Search and Destroy. All of you have the purest of intentions and the results of your hard work and commitment benefit anyone that touches a p/c.

Thank you very much.

Cheers.

Thanks for the kind words.

I was a little behind the eight ball with updating the CD but I finally had the time available to make the update.

I apologize to all for the dead time between the CD updates.

Anyway I am glad to hear it is being put to use by several in the DFI world.

Tmod