Tmod and loggan26's Bios Flash CD & Utility CDs NF/4/3/2+ATI

Guest Tmod_merged

Thanks for the replies. Here is the page listing 3/29 with the 4/06 changelog (I don't know how one gets there). And of course this is the page you get to by browsing through the Global (English) site. It's quite strange really.

Regarding sigs, feel free to delete my posts and/or account then. I'm not asking anything that has to do with my system and the rule about sigs contradicts itself a few times (it says everybody must have one, then everybody who posts a support question must have one, then everybody who posts a new support thread must have one). I have a sig just about on every forum I post on, but this approach irritates me so I won't here unless I ask a question that has to do with my specific hardware.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is the page listing 3/29 with the 4/06 changelog

Oh ok that was comparing the changelog from the 3/29 BETA to the 04/06 official.

It would seem to me that the 04/06 is a final tweaked version of the 03/29.

So I am thinking I may not be that far off base when I put Tony's bios as 04/06.

But if it screws anyone up I will remove the date on the menu.

Tmod

Thanks for your hard work, I for one can't live without your bios flash CDs.

I am glad you enjoy the CD and find it usefull.

Tmod

I have burned like 10 billion cd's and dvd's in my life, many of them from ISO images. I can't get this thing to burn to save my LIFE!

The MD5 checksum is perfect, and I burn it in Nero with "disk at once" or "track at once" - it doesn't matter. I get the following text:

Start booting from CD...

Error loading image: DEFAULT.EZG

Does anyone have a clue what I am doing wrong?

Thanks,

-Verxion

I have burned like 10 billion cd's and dvd's in my life, many of them from ISO images. I can't get this thing to burn to save my LIFE!

The MD5 checksum is perfect, and I burn it in Nero with "disk at once" or "track at once" - it doesn't matter. I get the following text:

Start booting from CD...

Error loading image: DEFAULT.EZG

Does anyone have a clue what I am doing wrong?

Thanks,

-Verxion

Have you tried different burning software? I used Alcohol 120% and it worked fine.

I can give that a shot. Just seems odd. . . .

Why would the CD work on my laptop and not on my desktop? This would seem to indicate that the CD itself is fine, but something is not right on the desktop. . .

-Verxion

I can give that a shot. Just seems odd. . . .

Why would the CD work on my laptop and not on my desktop? This would seem to indicate that the CD itself is fine, but something is not right on the desktop. . .

-Verxion

That is odd, but it could also be that your desktop CD reader is more sensitive to a minor burning flaw than the laptop. Did you try burning the CD at 1x?

Nope, I didn't try 1X. I did burn like 7 or 8 different copies of CD 7, and two copies of CD 6.5, using both the burner in my desktop and the burner on my laptop. I also tried to boot from these CD's with two different DVD drives in my desktop computers.

When I get home tonight I shall attempt a 1X burn with Alcohol 120% and see what that yields. . .

-Verxion

The ISO download ir WinRARed. After downloading try extracting the RAR to the desktop. Nero - Burn Im,age and select the one on the desktop.

A WinRAR with a WinRAR if you would.

Nope, I didn't try 1X. I did burn like 7 or 8 different copies of CD 7, and two copies of CD 6.5, using both the burner in my desktop and the burner on my laptop. I also tried to boot from these CD's with two different DVD drives in my desktop computers.

When I get home tonight I shall attempt a 1X burn with Alcohol 120% and see what that yields. . .

-Verxion

And it fails on the same file every time? Wow. Because of the fact that you have burned so many copies with different burners on different computers, I don't think burning @ 1x with Alcohol is going to solve the problem- but it's still worth a shot, all you will do is possibly waste one more CD and a little bit of time. You have pretty much covered the bases. The fact that it will work on the laptop means that the CD is fine and there was no file corruption in the .rar that you downloaded.

One other suggestion would be to perform a repair install of Windows. Have you ever done that? It's non-destructive and has fixed little glitches for me numerous times over the years.