A64 / Opteron Ihs Removal Guide

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Humm...Mr. Winnie could use some better cooling so i can use higher voltage on air....humm looks like I have a Christmas project now...maybe. Then again I may just sell it and buy myself a 3700+ or an Opteron

Awesome guide, nrg! It's about time you delivered on all those promises! :)

I have a question though. Lets say you put your naked chip on the board and DON'T modify the retention bracket for the XP-120. The HS only contacts the bracket at the retention clips, so it should still work, but the spring force holding it down would just be slightly less. Is that true?

verran: in theory yes... i've seen a lot of people post of it working without modification... i just don't like the idea of it being possibly loose...

lo: ever since some french kid handed me a swiss army knife to close when the blade was the wrong side out and i sliced all my fingers (i was about 8), i've been very careful with knives... in fact, i'm more likely to get cut by a fan than a knife lol

verran: in theory yes... i've seen a lot of people post of it working without modification... i just don't like the idea of it being possibly loose...

lo: ever since some french kid handed me a swiss army knife to close when the blade was the wrong side out and i sliced all my fingers (i was about 8), i've been very careful with knives... in fact, i'm more likely to get cut by a fan than a knife lol

593503[/snapback]

thats very true, most of us are careful with knives compared to fans :lol: imo fans are more dangerous than knives especially when they are 120mm @ full speed :lol:

Really nice guide, I think a mod should make this a sticky with a BIG DANGER in big bold words right before the title , I have a feeling a noob will try it on his cpu and . it up and then complain how the guide wasn't "clear" enough.

Edited by Mr Ham Cake