Anyone See This? Vista Vs. Xp Video Performance -

Waco

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty interesting, but what about Vista 32bit ?

I don't know honestly. When I was on 32 bit I only had my 2900XT and it pretty much sucked whenever FSAA was enabled in both XP and Vista. :lol:

I don't see why you'd run 32 bit Vista anyway. :shrug:

I don't see why you'd run 32 bit Vista anyway. :shrug:

I don't really see the advantage if you don't have over 3Gb. Also, some programs are not supported by 32-bit. But I don't want to start the epic 32-bit vs.64-bit debate once again, so forget that. <_<

i like how they dont even state what bit the os is.

i finally installed windows vista 64x and let me tell you everything looks the same as dx9 for unreal games and oh wait, whats this? it crashs everyday? why yes sir vista is a pile of crap didnt you know? stick to xp 64x and dx9 for the best performance.

Actually they do, more than a few times.

i finally installed windows vista 64x and let me tell you everything looks the same as dx9 for unreal games and oh wait, whats this? it crashs everyday? why yes sir vista is a pile of crap didnt you know? stick to xp 64x and dx9 for the best performance.

Vista x64 is faster especially when using antialiasing...that's the whole point of the article. :unsure:

As far as Unreal goes...you realize it's a DX9 game right?

I hear the same thing from you each time this subject is broached but so far have only 1 issue with Vista and that has been addressed. I run both 32 and 64 bit vista ultimate on a few rigs. No issues for me. But again that brings up the whole what is better subject so I'll just let it lie. All of us have opinions and are entitled to them. :thumbs-up:

I love my copy of Vista 64. I don't understand why you have so many problems. I haven't had any serious problems. All them minor problems were caused by poor drivers released by their respected manufacturers, not Microsoft.