Anyone See This? Vista Vs. Xp Video Performance -

Waco

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

man do i love being right :)

Microsoft Manager Says Vista Has Issues even though they say SP1 makes vista stable, it reallly doesn't.

If you believe that's an unbiased article I have some beach front property in Idaho to sell you.

My biggest issue with Vista is bluescreens.

Of course its not just the OS drivers are a huge problem as well but its still a pain.

One thing I really like about Vista is the Disk Cleanup is way better then XP but the defrag takes forever on Vista compared to XP lol oh well can't have both I guess :lol:

Let me guess...nVidia drivers? :lol:

Defrag is automated in Vista...why run it manually?

Not just Nvidia but X48 Chipsets and AMD stuff likes to have fits. Service Pack 1 seemed to help alot but the AMD stuff still goes funky but it could be drivers hard to say.

Kinda hard to leave things automated on test rigs not to mention it screws up my folding I can't have that happening :rolleyes:

If you believe that's an unbiased article I have some beach front property in Idaho to sell you.

...and you believe the article in question is?!?

32 bit vs 64bit, and 2gigs of ram "sometimes". Very specific settings, and combinations of factors that will never occur in the real world. Only testing bleeding resolutions and AA levels. Yes, that is a very unbiased article :rolleyes: .

let's just say I can make a review show a 3ghz phenom system on XP and 2gigs of ram owning a 3.6ghz Q6600 in vista and 4 gigs by using cherry picked benchmarks and settings...just remember to take most reviews with a bit more then just a grain of salt.

SP1 helped, no doubt, but to say that after SP1 vista is now suddenly the faster of the two is rediculous. You have a tendancy to be so passionate about your views that you become blinded to the facts - and anyone elses points.

:typing:

...and you believe the article in question is?!?

32 bit vs 64bit, and 2gigs of ram "sometimes". Very specific settings, and combinations of factors that will never occur in the real world. Only testing bleeding resolutions and AA levels. Yes, that is a very unbiased article :rolleyes:

Numbers don't lie. I don't see how the settings and combinations they used will never occur in the real world (especially considering many of the members here run said resolutions and AA levels (though they tested ALL AA levels as well...)).

You can accuse me of being "blinded by passion" if you'd like but that doesn't change the fact that Vista is faster than XP on high-end hardware (like yours). Making up straw men only hurts your position.

Finally got around to increasing my RAM to 4GB and upgrading to Vista 64. The system was fast before in regular day to day activities, so I haven't noticed any benefits there. Looking forward to playing some games and doing other CPU intensive tasks like encoding video. At the very least the system is stable again, my memory was slowly failing, the first stick went back and kept crashing system services and would always lead to a BSOD. After I took out the bad stick things were back to normal, until today when the system started exhibiting instability, which I traced to the remaining stick.

I was originally planning on upgrading tomorrow, but I decided to do the upgrade right then and there. Kind of bad timing as I had to go out before I could finish and we all ended up back at my place. Not cool when I have to move around cables just to play some music :P