help newbie choose a video card

hey guys new here!

i only have a few budget for buying a new video card and these are the only available in our country and what the store has recommended:

MSI HD6850 OC Cyclone 1gb ddr5 256mb

Zotac GTX560 OC 1gb ddr5 256bit hd

Saphire hd7770 1gb 128-bit GDDR5

EVGA GTX560 SC 1gb ddr5 hdmi

will i be able to play battlefield 3 and mx vs atv reflex at mid to high resolution with those vcards?

processor is amd a6-3500, x2 4gb kingston ddr3.

budget is an issue here. i dont really spend much for a pc.

thanks in advance! :)

Which 560 are you referring to? 560/560Ti/560Ti 448 ?

If it's a 560Ti, I'd choose the EVGA one out of the others.

Although you could just buy something like the 6670 and do a Hybrid Crossfire with the A6 GPU which would be a very cheap but effective way in gaining frame rates.

Edited by vandreadstriker

Given a choice and even if they are a few bucks more then other brands I will always pick an EVGA card. Thier Customer Service is second to none. They will do what ever it takes to make things right if something gets screwed up. I have had issues with 4 different GTX 590 cards since October and they have gone as far to give me free ERMA on my new cards. There techsupport is generally just as good as thier Customer Service.

The 560 is a glorified 460 1GB, which if clocked like a 460, would be even with the 6850 but since they're cherrypicked cores clocked higher from factory with even higher OC potential...go with the cheapest 560 unless the 6850 is drastically cheaper.

Also define what resolution, "high resolution" quantifies

Edited by IVIYTH0S

It would be better if you give us your budget in an actual amount and link us the website to the store you are buying from, or tell us the country you are from. Chances are, the store you are looking at is not the only store in your country, and we might be able to find a better deal.

At a glance, I would say to go with the GTX 560. However, the 560 ti is really what I think you would be after. If you give us some websites for PC store, there might be a sale on one that we can find :dunno:

Both of these are very close and both great cards, go with the one you like

MSI HD6850 OC Cyclone 1gb ddr5 256mb

Zotac GTX560 OC 1gb ddr5 256bit hd

damn its really hard to decide.. im all in those 3 cards msi, zotac & saphire and if all 3 can give a me a middle to higher resolution then i guess this will all go which one will out perform the other in stock. the evga is out of stock btw.. i should have mentioned im not overclocking the cards.

It would be better if you give us your budget in an actual amount and link us the website to the store you are buying from, or tell us the country you are from. Chances are, the store you are looking at is not the only store in your country, and we might be able to find a better deal.

At a glance, I would say to go with the GTX 560. However, the 560 ti is really what I think you would be after. If you give us some websites for PC store, there might be a sale on one that we can find :dunno:

yeah i like to 560ti but its totally out of my budget..

this is the store where i am ordering www.pcx.com.ph

the other stores dont have a site and i from what i have canvassed the pcx has the cheapest prices.

i am in philippines btw.

sorry for posting at the wrong forum. admins pls moved this thread :)

Edited by bklixuz

I am going to say to wait for a price drop, or go for the 560 OC.

Realistically, the price on the 560 ti should drop within a month, and by the time the price drops, you should have saved some more money. The gainward 560 ti is probably going to be your best bet. From what I gather, your budget is 10,000 (weird P symbol)s. Only 1K more and you jump up in performance big time.

The other option is to get a cheaper card around 5K and then SLI/Crossfire them for some cheap performance. http://pcx.com.ph/components/graphic-cards-1/inno3d-gts450-512ddr5.html

two of these would make a good setup :thumbsup: