RIP Nemo: OCC Loses Staff Member

Bosco

By now some of you have got wind that a OCC staff member was fighting for their life.

I now have permission from the family to release the information.

Dale Shuck aka Nemo suffered a massive stroke Sunday morning, and did not recover. He is being kept on life support because he was an organ donor. Dale was 55 years old and leaves behind Four Children.

Dale was one of the best people I had ever had the pleasure of knowing. Like Verran, Dale and I had a pretty good bond that I will greatly miss.

I will be making a statement here shortly on the home page to let everyone know.

RIP Dale, your loss is already felt.

Feel free to share your words here for Dales family if you wish.

Being fairly new, I didn't know Dale/Nemo. But from all I've seen he was a well respected member of OCC. My condolences to his family and to the OCC community.

WHAT?! I remember Dale had been the Lead News Editor I had contacted when I was a rookie News Editor before. I know he didn't post much on the forums but I always found his random posts to be humorous and uplifting.

RIP Dale, I only wish I knew you better than I had considering you were such an important part of the family here!

I can't put words to how I am feeling right now, Dale was a fantastic human, and a wonderful member of OCC... I don't know what to say..... he will be missed.

Dale was the man who recruited me to be on the news staff. I always looked to him for many questions I had, and even though he was always busy with his family or work, he made time to answer. He made time to be on OCC and bring it a certain element and piece of his humor.

He wasn't always the most visible staff member, but he had a major impact on OCC and how it is today. Not just in the news, but to all aspects.

I hope he's in a better place now. I'm glad to have know him, short though it was. Rest in peace Dale.