34 replies to this topic

#1 neddamttocs

neddamttocs

Total Nerd

• Forum Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2278 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 07:55 AM

Well its that time of year again, here is the 2011 What is the story behind your username!

Heres a quote from last years topic:

Each member on OCC has a username. Some of those names are odd, others are geeky, and some are as simple as a person's real name. Over the years, we've had a number of topics to allow members to tell their story. How, why, and even when they decided on the username they have.

Archive
- 2005-2010

OCC Rules || Follow OCC on Posted Image

Posted Image

RIG #1 | AMD FX-6300 | Gigabyte 970A-D3P | 8GB of G.Skill RipjawX RAM | Saphire R9 270X 2GB | Corsair CX500 | 1TB WD Blue
RIG #2 | Intel E8400 | Asus P5Q | 4GB of G.Skill PQ 8000 RAM | Palit 4850 512MB Sonic | PC Power & Cooling Silencer 610 | 2x 320GB in Raid0 for OS + 750GB for data
| D-Link DNS323 w/2TB for Media |

#2 Griever2003

Griever2003

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 09:16 AM

i feel it is fitting that this be my first post.

Will introduce myself elsewhere i am sure, but the name Griever2003, well the Griever comes from FFVIII. I am a FFFreak played them all, beat them all. Except FFXI which i never could put enough time into, and FFXIV which came out while i have been on a deployment in Afghanistan. errr sidetracked.... Griever is lion's head crest that Squall wears on his necklace, ring, and gunsword. Griever is summoned by Ultimecia as the last boss (kinda). As a symbol the lion traits are: dignity, strength, courage, justice, military might, and i i feel it relates to me. And that is where i pulled Griever from. A lot of people ask me if it is an emo thing... too bad i chose the name before emo was even "coined." Well, when i was playing this game, i also started joining the online community and never really had a constant name, so i when i started my first e-mail account (which was not in 2003) and griever was already taken, i chose the year that i would graduate High School. and that is all of that.

When i play MMORPGS though, i usually use the names Djad (male) and Endra (female). Endra comes from the feminine version of the name Ender (Ender's Game). And Djad is from a video game.. i cant remember from what one, but he was a reptilian creature whose people you were trying to same... i remember he dies... but i used his name when i played Alternity.

**edit: added second paragraph**

Edited by Griever2003, 06 March 2011 - 01:24 PM.

#3 oasis789

oasis789

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 09:47 AM

Here goes. Oasis is the name of my fave band. You might have heard of it. Here's one of their songs (kinda):

The numbers? Apparently 'oasis' was already taken everywhere, oasis'XY' where XY are my birth year was taken, '200X' where X was the current year, anyway you get the either all the usual permutations were gone. So I went with reverse numeric order.

#4 sh4un

sh4un

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 10:51 AM

Shaun was taken, so i changed the a to a 4.
works for most websites.

#5 Black64

Black64

Black It Out

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3356 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 11:03 AM

Well mine is a 2 part name, I got the word black from the early days of NFS underground and I noticed that I would always paint my car black or just black it out. (I am in no way gothic by the way if your wondering) So I started using black for my username then I noticed that black was always taken so I got the 64 from A.being my favorite number and B. being the first console I had growing up the Nintendo 64. So I put them together and made Black64. I also go by Black6464 because sometimes like here black64 is already taken. I wish I could change it to Black64 :cry: .

EDIT: Grammar

Edited by Black6464, 07 December 2011 - 11:04 AM.

Current System

[CPU]Intel Xeon W3670 (i7-970) @3.20Ghz---[CPU Cooling]Thermalright Silver Arrow---[MOBO]ASUS Rampage Gene III---[RAM]G-Skill Rip Jaws (24GB)(6x4GB)---[GPU]ASUS GTX 780 OC---[PSU]KingWin Lazar LZ-1000---[CASE]Bitfenix Colossus Venom Edition---[HDDs]WD Dives(6.5TB total storage) and Samsung 250GB SSD(boot)---[Monitors] 3X NEC 24" LCD2490WUXi ISP Panels and 1X Seiki 39" 4K monitor

PC Audio System (Speakers) Triad InRoom Silver's --- (DAC) Schiit Modi --- (AMP) Emotiva MiniX-a-100 --- (Headphones) Sennheiser Momentums and Paradigm H15NC --- (Headphone AMP) --- Schitt Magni

#6 d6bmg

d6bmg

BMG FTW!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4147 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 11:36 AM

MY nick means I shouldn't forget my gf at any time, which includes short form of her name.

Edited by d6bmg, 10 December 2011 - 11:04 PM.

boozei.gif

#7 Samursus

Samursus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 12:09 PM

My user name is one I started using quite a few years ago, combining my first name and the latin name for the the bear family. I feel an affinity towards bears and the the grizzly is my totem animal as revealed to me by a shaman. Serendipitously, my user name is NEVER taken when I create a new account anywhere and saves me the trouble of adding numbers and trying to remember different usernames.

#8 DLions8708

DLions8708

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 12:23 PM

I'm a massive Detroit Lions fan, so thats where the DLions is from. Then the numbers come from my favorite players jersey numbers at the time I created it, 87 for Johnnie Morton and 08 for Mike McMahon. Its perfectly symmetrical and easy to remember.

The craziest username I ever had was 6SanDmaN0 (I like having a symmetrical username, I dont know, some kind of weird OCD I guess). The 6 and 0 at the beginning and end comes from my old jersey number in High School. And my nickname has always been Sandman (my last name is Sander). I had that for SOCOM back in the old PS2 days.

Kyle

Edited by DLions8708, 20 January 2012 - 12:24 PM.

Posted Image

#9 Il_napoletano

Il_napoletano

Certified Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 571 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 11:36 PM

Ok..I'm a bit bored so I've decided to do this.....so
So I'm half english, a quarter italian and a quarter Jamaican...was born in London and raised there until i was 13 then we moved to Naples, italy...and I've adapted to the way of life here...so the name comes from that...il_napoletano means "the napolitan" (kinda like someone calling himself "the american") so that's where it comes from :thumbsup:

Edited by Il_napoletano, 06 December 2012 - 03:21 AM.

Cooler Master Haf 932
Asus P6T SE
Intel i7 950 @ stock
12GB Corsair Vengence 1866mhz

XFX 6970 2GB @1600x1200px atm

Samsung 830 120GB SSD 

WD Raptor 10k rpm

Segate barracuda 750GB
64x Windows 7 Ultimate

#10 XtremeDS

XtremeDS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 03:31 AM

When I can, I simply use "Xtreme". There wasn't a reason for me to start using it at the beggining (about a decade ago), I simply liked it. However, along the years I have found that sometimes, it suits me.

The "DS" was from a website I was doing about 8 years ago.

SigantureNepton_zpsc34f0dde.png

#11 makarov

makarov

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 05:21 PM

Makarov from modern warfare 2 I use this name on all my acounts if it is taken I use makarov141 the 141 is also from mw2. If you see this name anywere its probably me

#12 Waco

Waco

Lab Rat 2

• Reviewer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15456 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 05:59 PM

I used to be "TheWacoKid" - came up with that one when I had just watched Blazing Saddles. It stuck. I shortened it to "Waco" simply because that's what most called me anyway.

sig.png

GTX 770 replaced with watercooled GTX780...but too lazy to change the sig.