Nyt Ryda's New 2013 Rig

Nyt

So after three weeks of being on a laptop, a new rig will arise to replace the old but not forgotten rig...

i5 4670K CPU (delidded and bad thermal paste inside is replaced but still retains warranty as the store offers this service)

MSI Z87-GD65 Mobo

MSI GTX760 Gaming 2Gb GPU

Corsair Vengeance Pro 2133 2x4Gb RAM 
Corsair HX850 PSU 
Corsair H100i Cooler
CM Storm Trooper 

Seagate 2Tb HDD

LG DVD RW 

Parts are on the way ! Actually going to be taking pictures during assembly and of the final product this time :)

Edited by Knight_72

I have to agree, a rather modest build knowing you. Why such "fast" memory though?? That's one area I wouldn't see a reason to splurge on haha.

Power supply seems like alot too...and no SSD??

What's so special about the HDD that it gets to be a bigger font?

I don't notice anything... It was a copy/paste from a Word doc, maybe that's why :P

Wait, what?! That's not super high end extreme?! What happened???

The recession arrived :P

I have to agree, a rather modest build knowing you. Why such "fast" memory though?? That's one area I wouldn't see a reason to splurge on haha.

Power supply seems like alot too...and no SSD??

The 2133MHz Corsair RAM just looked like a bargain compared to the marginally less expensive slower RAM.

And my G.Skill 2133Mhz was being picky about certain settings so I'm going to go with Corsair this time since my old Dominators on LGA1366 never gave me any problems.

My dad always believes the PSU is the heart of the system and that it needs to be reliable and powerful for a long time, and I believe that too.

Since I don't upgrade my PSU for years, it's better to get something with a lot of power and reliability.

Also, it would be able to handle a second GTX760 and Broadwell in the future.

The SSD might come later, or I might just get Windows 8 later (Win 7 for now). I couldn't feel much of the difference between my Win 7 PC with an SSD and a normal HDD with Win 8

Edited by Knight_72

• 2 months later...

Feels like forever since I upgraded and it's only been 2 months :P

So now its time for an upgrade to last me a while... My new Sapphire HD7990 arrives later this week :D

What I don't understand Nyt, is why you downgrade and sidegrade like it's going to give you better performance. I don't see why you don't just always upgrade to the best parts and stay with the best parts until something better is released. Which logically would give you better performance with each upgrade.