Is OCZ Powerstream cable-length enough for NF4 Ultra-D and Antec P180

shira

I searched, but can't find anything specific on this issue.

I understand that because of the location of the PSU in the Antec P180 case, there can be issues with cable length. Does anyone know if the cable length of the OCZ Powerstream 520w PSU is adequate for the DFI NF4 Ultra-D in the P180 case?

If not, are cable-extensions available for 24-pin PSUs? And/or does OCZ have a "long cable-length" option on any of their PSUs?

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if the P180 is about the same size as the Coolermaster Stacker (one of the largest cases there is) then you will have no problems with the OCZ.

you should ultimately contact OCZ (there are reps in this forum, AndyOCZ and RyderOCZ) to see if they have any info on the P180 case with their psu's.

The Power streams have Long cables, on the other hand the Modstreams would have some issues. The ATX on the modstreams are vary short. Perfect for my case but the p180 would be a No go with out EXtensions. This is FYI.

Do not get a Mod Stream for your P-180. I learned the hard way and it definitely doesn't fit. I ended up going with a NeoPower 480 for my P-180 case and it works great.

Tuncer

I agree Powerstream = plenty long cables. Modstream = not long enough for a big case like that.

I believe the newer Modstreams now have longer leads, but knowing which you are getting would be tough.

I agree Powerstream = plenty long cables. Modstream = not long enough for a big case like that.

I believe the newer Modstreams now have longer leads, but knowing which you are getting would be tough.

While you are here.

How many PCIe connectors on new PowerStream 520W & 600W PSU's?

Thanks,

Dave

While you are here.

How many PCIe connectors on new PowerStream 520W & 600W PSU's?

Thanks,

Dave

1 native

2 molex connectors are designated/labled as hdd/vga connectors which if I was running SLI on a 6800 I suppose I would use on the adaptor