Folding for DIY-Street - Team: DIY-Street - Team #45454 (disease)

RedDem0n

298 members have voted

1. 1.

• Aliens
    • Disease
    • because Angry has a straight-flush and you only got 2 pair
    • other (please post...I don't know what else to fold for besides aliens/disease)

save this as a .vbs file in your samurize scripts dir, modify the path to unitinfo.txt, create meter, see your current progress on the fold being watched.

'FAH script v 0.01

'SeamusO's modified script ...

'private function code is originally from:

'---------------------------------------

'CPU-Z script v 1.2

'Created by Haran_Banjo ([email protected])

'based on QuippeR's script ([email protected])

'Retrieving info from CPU-Z output file

'----------------------------------------

FILENAME="D:Program [email protected]"

PRWU = "Name:"

PRNUM = "Progress:"

Function Name()

Name = getInfo(PRWU)

End Function

Function Progress()

Progress = getInfo(PRNUM)

End Function

private Function getInfo(text)

information = readfile()

if not (information = "Bad filename") then

information = right(information, len(information)-instr(information, text)-len(text)+1)

information = left(information, instr(information, vbNewLine)-1)

information = replace(information, vbTab, " ")

information = trim(information)

end if

getInfo = information

End Function

Private Function readfile()

Set fs = CreateObject ("Scripting.FileSystemObject")

If (fs.FileExists(FILENAME)) Then

Set filePath = fs.GetFile(FILENAME)

set File = filePath.OpenAsTextStream (1, -2)

info = file.readall

File.Close

Set filePath = nothing

Set fs = nothing

Set File = nothing

Else 

readfile = "Bad filename"

Exit Function

End If

readFile = info

End Function

I have this watching 2 machines (2 seperate copies of the script being used), my signature system which is using samurize and my 2200+ via mapped drive. Now I just need to figure out how to get it to monitor my 2 linux machines.

Here's a picture

http://info.bluefrogcs.com/images/samurized2.jpg

size 362x647

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this is me ..

Active processors (within 50 days) 8

Problem is, I only have 5 computers ... :shake: (I was modifying and changind clients and I think that's what did it.)

Thats interesting when I changed some of clients around and switched teams stanford still updated my active cpu's correctly. You must have found a loop hole.

WE BROKE 1000

Hip HIp HOrray

I have this watching 2 machines (2 seperate copies of the script being used), my signature system which is using samurize and my 2200+ via mapped drive. Now I just need to figure out how to get it to monitor my 2 linux machines.

Try Samba

Try Samba

Yeah, Iknow, but that just makes me feel so dirty .. forcing my linux machines to speak windows ... :sweat:

I just need to set a scheduled dl of the unitinfo.txt from the two machines. It's more to save me a few clicks when I want to check progress.

Yeah, Iknow, but that just makes me feel so dirty .. forcing my linux machines to speak windows ... :sweat:

Its a cruel cruel world!

I just need to set a scheduled dl of the unitinfo.txt from the two machines. It's more to save me a few clicks when I want to check progress.

check out fci

Its a webpage written in perl, which serves up stats from your clients. The client script is also written perl and works on both windows and linux. It uploads the stat information to the server on what ever schedule you chose.

Its written for Apache 1.3, but I currently working on compatibility for Apache2. The delevoper is on holidy right now but Im in contact with him and 1.0 should released sometime this fall.

Its written for Apache 1.3, but I currently working on compatibility for Apache2. The delevoper is on holidy right now but Im in contact with him and 1.0 should released sometime this fall.

Apache/2.0.53 (Unix) DAV/2 PHP/5.0.3 .. Perl 5.86

It's no biggie .. besides, if I keep adding things, my samurize will consume my entire desktop :D

I'm confused. What's the difference between the samurize/fci progs you are recommending and EMIII? Seems you have to do a lot of legwork to set them up. EMIII also monitors the client and has some pretty nice features, and is relatively simple to set.

ALSO: Congrats everyone on breaking the 1,000 mark. What's our next goal? Top 500?

my samurize is monitoring my voltages, fan speeds, current overclock, 2 folding@home clients, and pulling random Family Guy quotes.

You can modify the appearance, it doesn't have a specific set interface.

lol you guys

i just set F@H to run as a service and never bother looking at it ever again...i just check the stats page to see how i (and we) are doing

i dont use any flags, extras, nothing...i just let it run as a service. Its pretty boring to watch paint dry in my opinion. ;)

I'm confused. What's the difference between the samurize/fci progs you are recommending and EMIII? Seems you have to do a lot of legwork to set them up. EMIII also monitors the client and has some pretty nice features, and is relatively simple to set.

ALSO: Congrats everyone on breaking the 1,000 mark. What's our next goal? Top 500?

Well it depends on what you want CPUZ...if you are just trying to monitor clients on your box or windows shares than you can use EMIII although I think it is sort of overkill. I use Fahmon and Fahlogstats for that.

FCI is good for linux clients but the real beauty of it is that since it is a web application you can monitor remote applications from any system which has perl support.

Fahlogstat will allow to do remote monitoring but you have must have an ftp server installed on every client.

500 it is!!!

Top 100 ;)