Folding for DIY-Street - Team: DIY-Street - Team #45454 (disease)

RedDem0n

298 members have voted

1. 1.

• Aliens
    • Disease
    • because Angry has a straight-flush and you only got 2 pair
    • other (please post...I don't know what else to fold for besides aliens/disease)

Off Topic, or rather on the other topic... ehhh. Ahhh.. Ehh Ill just skip that..

I don't have internet so I cant fold yet and Im a smoker that quit and have no arguments whatso ever against or for anything and there was absolutly no meaning in posting this :dog: acctually i dont even know why I started typing it in the first place :dog:

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

someone just pick a damn name and start a team lol...leave the info here and we'll all get along to join up.

try to start one for disease and one for aliens so everyone will have a choice and be happy.

ok, i hope i did this right:

New team DFI-Street with number 45454 has been founded by cpuz

(The team page will link to homepage at http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/index.php and link to a logo graphic at http://www.dfi-street.com/images/dfislogo.gif

Any client program can contribute to the statistics for this team by putting the number 45454 in the team field

(right-click to configure a client program)

Sweet, I joined the team, thanks cpuz! :)

I wish they had a 64 bit version of the program though. I bet I could fold 10% faster if they did. :rolleyes:

I'm gonna setup my home 24/7 computer to fold, and I'm gonna do my work client and a work server too.

I'm gonna setup my home 24/7 computer to fold, and I'm gonna do my work client and a work server too.

Does the molecule draw rate have anything to do with how much work you are accomplishing? Or is that just an asthetic visual thing?

Also, what is with that noise every time the picture changes frames? It's annoying and I want to disable it.

i think it only shows an active cpu once a work unit is completed...so if 21 of us are folding but only 1 of us has completed a work unit, it will only show 1 cpu until others have completed at least a single work unit.

im fooling with my 875P-T (Hyperthreaded P4) and my X2 cpu to see how tough it is to utilize both cores on those cpu's.

Also note...i had a disaster installing this on my main rig the first time...had to stop the service and start all over...

what I did the second time was create a folder (D:folding) and then insert the installer, and run it from there...when I installed it the first time, it lodged files in all sorts of weird places (I only use the Console version, I never use the GUI version...the GUI version does not have any installation oddities as you specify where to install it), and it also would not work correctly after setting up as a service.

So I stopped the service (took me a good 5 minutes to find the damn config and remove the service and all the files associated with it) and rebooted, the created D:folding, put the installer in this folder, and ran it from there. After install was complete and the WU downloaded, I rebooted, and blammo, it reboots and now uses 100% cpu as a service ;)

installing it on momma's machine was even worse, as it did the same thing, but never ran as a service, and I had to use Windows search function to find all the bits and pieces...i did the same thing on hers, created D:folding and ran the installer from there.

If you don't have a D: drive, you can either make C:folding, or C:Program Filesfolding etc.

or you can just install the gui version...but i prefer service as its a smaller memory footprint ;)