Folding for DIY-Street - Team: DIY-Street - Team #45454 (disease)

RedDem0n

298 members have voted

1. 1.

• Aliens
    • Disease
    • because Angry has a straight-flush and you only got 2 pair
    • other (please post...I don't know what else to fold for besides aliens/disease)

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great little analysis about the RAM Thraxz, I also like how you got your FahMon working to monitor your rigs.

If anyone has any C2D's with different cache sizes could someone please post some results. I've seen some of the new WU's differ in three to eight minutes per frame on similar machines depending on the cache size.

I have a e6420 if someone wants to compare with a e6400. Its at 3.2ghz folding project 2605 at 13min a frame Ram 2gb ddr2-800 1:1 5-5-5-15-2t and 400x8

While my 2.47ghz 260x9.6 brisbane with ddr2-1000 5-5-5-15-2t is chugging away 2605 at little under 24min a frame

Found this at a site I can't link to on the Street but found it very interesting.

Sony announced that great progress has been made in the one month since PS3 systems became part of Stanford University’s Folding@home program, a distributed computing project aimed at understanding protein folding, mis-folding and related diseases. Since the program launched in March, participation by the PS3 user community has been phenomenal, providing Folding@home with immense computing power that is helping to fast forward its research. Furthermore, thanks to PS3’s powerful Cell Broadband Engine (Cell/B.E.), the Folding@home program has become one of the most powerful distributed computing networks in the world and is quickly approaching a level of computing power that is of historical proportions.Exhibiting its continued commitment to the program, SCE also announced that starting tomorrow, it is providing a Folding@home application update that will further enhance the user experience. The updated software features an improvement in folding calculation speeds, increased visibility of user location on the globe and the ability for users to create longer donor or team names.

“The PS3 turnout has been amazing, greatly exceeding our expectations and allowing us to push our work dramatically forward,” said Vijay Pande, Associate Professor of Chemistry at Stanford University and Folding@home program lead. “Thanks to PS3, we have performed simulations in the first few weeks that would normally take us more than a year to calculate. We are now gearing up for new simulations that will continue our current studies of Alzheimer’s and other diseases.” Because the process of folding proteins is so complex, computers are used to perform simulations to study the process. Since these simulations can take up to 30 years for a single computer to complete, Folding@home enables this task to be shared among thousands of computers connected via the network, utilizing distributed computing technology. Once the data is processed, the information is sent back via the Internet to the central computer. The Cell/B.E. processor inside each PS3 is roughly 10 times faster than a standard mainstream chip inside a personal computer (PC), so researchers are able to perform the simulations much faster, speeding up the research process.

Why the hell can't they make PC mobos for Cell processors?

I have a e6420 if someone wants to compare with a e6400. Its at 3.2ghz folding project 2605 at 13min a frame Ram 2gb ddr2-800 1:1 5-5-5-15-2t and 400x8

While my 2.47ghz 260x9.6 brisbane with ddr2-1000 5-5-5-15-2t is chugging away 2605 at little under 24min a frame

My E6300 @ 2.6GHz & DDR927 5-5-5-12 is running the 2605 at about 16.5 minutes per frame.