Folding for DIY-Street - Team: DIY-Street - Team #45454 (disease)

RedDem0n

298 members have voted

1. 1.

• Aliens
    • Disease
    • because Angry has a straight-flush and you only got 2 pair
    • other (please post...I don't know what else to fold for besides aliens/disease)

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, Big Johnson is officially at 3.6Ghz 4-4-4-12 DDR1000 stable and folding!

Soon Little Willy will get 'the treatment' and move up in the world to Big Willy.

Eventually Tiny Tim will get back up an folding for 45454 when I have the other two squared away.

what the highest our team has ever ranked? anyone know? I want to see top 100 out of us.

Also what is advmethods flag? and how do I enable it?

Splave,

When I started folding (Oct 06) the team (45454) was ranked at 189. If we make it into the top 100 that would be glorious. :)

Which SMP client are you running, Linux or WinSMP?

If you’re running Linux SMP you can edit your config via telnet with this command > sudo ./fah5 -local –configonly

As far a I gathered it doesn’t matter if you have Advanced Methods enabled or not. Both versions of SMP are still Beta and Stanford has yet to really enable that option on their end. You can research the following quotes and links.

Set Advanced Methods to No, even if you plan to enable Advanced Methods (commonly referred to as -advmethods). We will enable the -advmethods flag in a future step along w/ some additional flags.

Reference: http://fahwiki.net/index.php/Client.cfg

Also refer to post #7 of this thread; http://forums.pcper.com/showthread.php?p=4054498

I will update my post on the client config and ask #337 to edit the SMP guide.

After some testing I'm ALMOST ready to conclude that folding is heavily weighted towards ram SPEED not timings. Once I get this 3.5Ghz DDR1178 cas 5 occt run out of the way, folding I will go to prove it.

Speed IS bandwidth for the most part. Only slightly effected by small timings.

True. However, I think if you ran just one bandwidth benchmark along with your speed + timings configurations it would improve the results. This is just my opinion though. :)

Ugh, why does everest read test suck so bad? It claimed only <6000mb/s and my DDR494 1.5-2-2-0 BH-5 posted in high 7's.

SO.... 2.6Ghz and cas4 DDR1000 = 10min 30sec per % on 2610.

2.53GHz and DDR1178 cas 5 = 10min 1sec per % on 2610

On 2653 and 4200+ 2.63GHz/DDR:

4-4-4-12-2T= 20min 1-5sec

4-4-4-10-1T= 18 min 20sec

So, depends on the WU for now. But I still see more importance placed on MHz.