PC 5000? Where?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok Roadie, sorry if I offended you in any way, I just had to at least try to get the RAM from you...hmmm...it sucks tryin' to get high end hardware when the world considers you to be living in a 3rd world country(hehe)...ok, PC 5000 aside...what would you recommend I do? It's too late for me to order anything online now so I'll just take your recommendation and get my mom to buy it at Fry's. :)

Oh...on the bright side at least I ordered me a new graphics card(hehe)...so I'll be changing my signature soon, I first wanna make sure I get it in time though, I checked the website though and my order is packaged, so soon it'll ship out and I took overnight delivery. :D ...Leadtek WinFast PX7800GTX here I come!!! :D

No offense taken on my part at all. It's all good!

Don't give up on the RAM if you really want it. Keep trying ebay and look at the FS threads on other forums.

Good luck!

Ok Roadie, sorry if I offended you in any way, I just had to at least try to get the RAM from you...hmmm...it sucks tryin' to get high end hardware when the world considers you to be living in a 3rd world country(hehe)...

Hope you find some in stock soon. There are a few users here like ThundA that really like their PC-5000 RAM.

Yup.. But I rma'd it and they sent back pc4800 instead.. Im cool with it..

Gotta test it some tonight but im sure it will perform close to the pc5000 anyways.. :)

Hi,

Anyone know where I can find prices for that PC 5000 special edition OCZ RAM for the NF4 SLi-DR board? It was on newegg but out of stock...now I don't see it on their website and I used dealtime.com to search for stock but for the past couple of days when I search dealtime then it returns an error when I look for the RAM. :( ...other searches are okay it seems. just doesn't find the RAM.

:'(

PS: What do you guys think of the RAM? I'm gonna use it in a top end system I'm working on...already have the FX-55 and the nf4 board. :D

Hey guys,

The real word on this is that the memory was doing fine. The Venice/San Diego CPU's that were released have poor memory comtrollers for running above 270mhz or so at maximum overclock. We bought into the hype about how wonderful the revision E memory controller would be, tested on Hammer and Newcastles and released the product. We then received the wonderful new Venice/San Diego and and the result was pulling the product due to extreme suckage. The FX55's seem better and I have a feeling the newer CPU's will be better overall.

Bottom line is that the PC4800 should get you where you need to go.

ThanX for the responses you guys...you are the greatest...wont get the RAM Roadie, my mom leaves the US on Tuesday forever! ...and OCZ customer care has told me that they don't ship to anywhere on my continent(hehe)...so tough luck for me then...thanX for all the advice though, you guys are the greatest...really you are. ;)

Good bye and good luck!

You can still visit the forum. They have the interwebs in Africa.

ThanX for the responses you guys...you are the greatest...wont get the RAM Roadie, my mom leaves the US on Tuesday forever! ...and OCZ customer care has told me that they don't ship to anywhere on my continent(hehe)...so tough luck for me then...thanX for all the advice though, you guys are the greatest...really you are. ;)

Guest burningrave101
Hey guys,

The real word on this is that the memory was doing fine. The Venice/San Diego CPU's that were released have poor memory comtrollers for running above 270mhz or so at maximum overclock. We bought into the hype about how wonderful the revision E memory controller would be, tested on Hammer and Newcastles and released the product. We then received the wonderful new Venice/San Diego and and the result was pulling the product due to extreme suckage. The FX55's seem better and I have a feeling the newer CPU's will be better overall.

I wonder why the memory controllers on the new Rev E chips are worse then the ones on the Clawhammer/Newcastle/Winchester chips. Would it maybe be because AMD tried to make the controller more compatible with 4 double sided DIMMs and that lead to not being able to run as high of frequency? Probably not but who knows.

Hey guys,

Bugger! That could be why I'm not prime 24hr stable.

Bloody Venice, I'll have to look out for an old FX55. Are there any of the newer Rev E's that may be any good with this RAM? What about the FX57 and FX55 SD??

Thanks for the info Andy