PC 5000? Where?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ThanX for everything you guys! I'm not a fan of online shopping since it isn't very common in my country and I'm not sure how 'safe' it is...and now the suppliers I was shopping at didn't have ALL the stuff I wanted to I ended up placing 3 orders. 1 from NewEgg, another from PageComputers and the last one from TopMicroUSA. ...I hope I can trust these guys...

Anyway, thanX a mil you guys, you are the greatest!!! :)

Dude, you have to register to look at the forum? You could have stated that before the link.

No you don't you can still lok at the forum, but not post. It just comes up with register details IF you want to register :)

Its just the CPU-Z pic that you need to register for....I'll host it for ya:

size.jpg

Hey ExRoadie, just an update...TopMicro didn't have stock after all, even though they had the item listed on their website. They emailed today to say they're cancelling the order cuz I explained to them the situation and told them if I can't get it now then the order should be cancelled. :( ...I just placed a new order with Magnum PC and hopefully they'll have stock. I gave them the same 'deadline' that I gave TopMicro...

I understand that this RAM was special edition and all, but it wasn't really well advertised...basically if you weren't someone who lives on the web in hardware review/forum sites then you wouldn't REALLY know about it. :( ...I mean the news article on OCZ's website only came out sometime in April...2 months isn't long at all in my opinion. :/

Anyway, thanX for all your help again, I hope I get the RAM.

Hope you find some in stock soon. There are a few users here like ThundA that really like their PC-5000 RAM.

Hey ExRoadie, just an update...TopMicro didn't have stock after all, even though they had the item listed on their website. They emailed today to say they're cancelling the order cuz I explained to them the situation and told them if I can't get it now then the order should be cancelled. :( ...I just placed a new order with Magnum PC and hopefully they'll have stock. I gave them the same 'deadline' that I gave TopMicro...

I understand that this RAM was special edition and all, but it wasn't really well advertised...basically if you weren't someone who lives on the web in hardware review/forum sites then you wouldn't REALLY know about it. :( ...I mean the news article on OCZ's website only came out sometime in April...2 months isn't long at all in my opinion. :/

Anyway, thanX for all your help again, I hope I get the RAM.

The PC-5000 does everything it's supposed to do. I actually was able to get tighter timings at 312 and above than it is rated for.

With 2.7V I can run 2.5-3-3-5 at 250 all day with my Clawhammer/Hammer. I normally run at the specs in my sig.

You should take a look at the thread devoted to the PC-5000...

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10740

Well you've been testing it too right? What do YOU think? How does it compare to say the VX Gold or even the 3200 Plat Rev 2? :D

Guest burningrave101

The reason OCZ stopped production of the OCZ PC5000 TCC5 is because the new A64's aren't able to scale to those high RAM clocks very well. Alot of the Rev E chips have weaker memory controllers that can't handle the high clocks you can get with TCCD. A few people are able to get 300Mhz+ on theirs but alot aren't.

The reason OCZ stopped production of the OCZ PC5000 TCC5 is because the new A64's aren't able to scale to those high RAM clocks very well. Alot of the Rev E chips have weaker memory controllers that can't handle the high clocks you can get with TCCD. A few people are able to get 300Mhz+ on theirs but alot aren't.

Is this rumour/speculation or fact? Where did you get this info from?

Conspiracy theories aside, "special" means outside of normal so you shouldn't see a long production run regardless of your expectations.

Maybe AndyOCZ will spot this thread and post some info if appropriate.

Oh well! My dream of owning PC 5000 RAM is dead in the water! :( ...Magnum PC cancelled my order...they said it's cuz I'm not a 'verified' Paypal buyer but I created the PayPal account especially to buy from them and I did verify it darnit! :( ...and now I see they removed the product from their website so they probably didn't even have it in stock anyway.

Anyway, got any more bright ideas Roadie? Surely SOME place somewhere has to have it. :( ...if not, what are the chances of you ever 'releasing' the kit you have in your rig? :D ...would you ever sell it? And if so...for how much? I have a PayPal account so I can transfer the funds securely! LOL!!! :D ...man, I REALLY wanted to ge this RAM! :-/

Where is AndyOCZ? I mean is that 'rumor' true? I have an FX-55 Clawhammer, I'd hate to hear it has a 'weak' memory controller. :(

Guest burningrave101
Is this rumour/speculation or fact? Where did you get this info from?

There are threads discussing it over at xtremesystems and OCForums and its a fact because it was confirmed by OCZ reps.

Where is AndyOCZ? I mean is that 'rumor' true? I have an FX-55 Clawhammer, I'd hate to hear it has a 'weak' memory controller. :(

The FX-55 Clawhammer isn't a new chip.