SEE POST #24 FOR OLDTIMERS>> NF4 Bios 06/15

Oh, per.. where are you? There's a bunch of folks just hainging out at their *working computers* waiting for this 618 bios as a bootable cd ISO file at your website.

I know, I'm impatient. I'm older than you guys, which means I have less time to wait. :) Hey, I see light at the end of the tunnel, and from what I see here tonight, it's not the Silver Streak heading down at me! :nod:

2night itll be sorted. sorry for the delay.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey 003,

Download WinFlash ( do a Google search ) install WinFlas. Along with it is a PDF ( readable ) file that will explain how to flash your bios. You will need Adobe Acorbat reader to read the PDF file.

If you need any more help the PM me & I will walk you through a flash of your bios step bt step.

Proto

Settings in sig...was running great with 510-2, but now I freeze up while playing games. I haven't primed it yet, but if its freezing in games, I'm betting Prime95 will tell me something similar. Back to 510-2 I go!

618-2 bios

Games online & off running well. 1280x1024 UT 2004 no lockups. Overclocked to 2805 right now. 255x11

So far so good.

Will run the string of tests later......... running too good to stop right now.

When 510-x series where launched, I flashed with 510-1 BIOS, supposed for TCCDs (is BIOS I actually use), but when I entered BIOS I saw so strange timings compared with the ones I were using until then that I changed almos everything to my settings. The result, of course is system running almost the same than before (with 310).

For tweaker-men ;) there is no sense in flashing with a "optimiced" BIOS for a generic type of RAM, because there is no "magic" timings that works wonders with all RAMS, included RAMs with same chips. There are TCCDs that works with a CLwrite of 2. Mine doesn't boot with WCL 2, only boots at WCL1. So I continue thinking that if you plan to test different timings, there is no diference among BIOSes -1 -2 or -3, just flash and put your safe timings around ;);)

PD: i'm using 2,5-4-8-3-11-13-3-3-2-2-3072-1 levels 7/2, idlecycle 128, other in default, stable at about 310-312 HTT with 2,83volts XDD

salu2.

would i post it if i wasn't sure?

the drive strength on -1 is too strong to be for anything but BH-5/UTT tight timings memory

-2 works with TCCD high htt's and BH-5/UTT tight timings

-3 is supposed to be TCCD but it's pretty useless to me.

Rgone and I always recommend -2 for everyone. -2 fixes majority of users up with a good bios and they are off to the races.

you might have great or poor results with any version of any bios. it is always best to test which one is for you. Just because we swear by -2 doesn't mean it is best for you.

If I flash to a -2 BIOS, should I then be able to use Yellow slots, or should I stick to orange?

Try it and see how it works out for you because it can vary from config to config.

RGone...

If I flash to a -2 BIOS, should I then be able to use Yellow slots, or should I stick to orange?