Very Cautious, needs final answers.

ok, thanks for your once again quick responces.... i looked once again on newegg, and i have decided to break the egg open, and go with memory over 100 bucks.... on newegg i found the OCZ Value Series 1GB (2 x 512MB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM Unbuffered DDR 400 (PC 3200) Dual Channel Kit System Memory. the page on newegg i searched on, was here. i am STILL trying to keep the prices low, but i am willing to spend my money on a good lasting computer.... something i can assemble the minute i get it, and it will work. the memory i just listed (OCZ) people commented they were getting the motherboard i have decided to get too... so i am hoping that is a bonus, that this cheap OCZ ram will work for me, at its low price.

im not too sure what sn33ky means by saying "cooler master centurion will give problems whit the onboard sound modulle.

the fan from the case will block the sound modulle to fit in the case. but you can fix this whit file in the fan. thats what i did".

if someone can please tell me what he means, or something... im thinking he means i have to file the fan in the new computer for the motherboard to fit? im not too sure, but please help me out on that one too...

in addition, i will add that western digital SATA $105 to my newegg cart, because i have a stronger feeling for SATA now, and i am also once again confident in western digital.

thanks again, ive got to hit the road now, once again, the quick help would be, and is appreciated.

Thomas.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the mainboard does not fit into the case. thats what i'm telling but if you fil the fan on the place it is needed it can fit in the case. and you wont loose anny airflow.

but if you dont want to fil the case fan i suggest you to take another case. or take a soundcard so you dont need the audio module from this mainboard.

i infact, do not need the audio module on this motherboard. i have myself the Creative Soundblaster Live! 5.1... but im not sure what your meaning on that one eather.... sorry :-[

as you know what ive been doing, is showing you pictures of my Shopping cart, so for this new post i thought ide update you guys on what im getting, and with more questions... i do appreciate your help, and fast replys... not to be pickey, but keep the replys coming :)

untitled34qx.gif

once again, as i jsut said, please respond back asap to answers you might have.

thanks a bunch so far,

thomas

1. all our mobos fit in a Centurion case (I have one)

2. good fans

3. yes

4. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16820227211

id get this instead

5. dont have an antec psu, cant give you honest opinion about it

6. dont get a 6800 unless you get a 6800GT with 256MB memory...if not, get an X800 with 256MB memory...or a 6600GT Leadtek

7. XP-90 @ $24.99 (www.svc.com....best bang for the buck)

8. i dont like little cpu's like 3000+/3200+...i like 3500+ or bigger but its up to you (just a personal preference)

Nice "educated" guess dude. HSF = heat sink fan.

Nice pick on the HSF. Ignore reviews, take our word for it. There are so many forumers here that swear by the XP-90. Hardly anyone hear that is a serious OC'er uses the Zalman. I'd pick aluminum over copper anyday. Aluminum is cheaper, lighter, and has better thermal transfer properties than copper.

You aren't getting it about the RAM. you might as well use a Celeron because you will be wasting the potential locked in the A64 if you use cheap memory. Performance of your CPU is directly related to the performance of your RAM. Screw the drive and invest in some quality RAM.

Agreed with the RAM statement as above. OCZ Gold D Chan PC3200 is fckun pwnage for the price :)

The Thermalright Heatsinks have a copper base that is covered in Nickel so you don't exactly lose out on that nice conductive copper much.

I swear by my XP-120 + Panaflo High speed Fan: one of the best investments I ever made :D

ive decided to bite the bullet and get the reccomended RAM from Angry_Games, which is the OCZ Gold Series 1GB (2 x 512MB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM Unbuffered DDR 400 (PC 3200) Dual Channel Kit System Memory.

if its not the vx I would highly recommend to make sure it is Rev 2, because the first Rev is discontinued and suposedly didnt work as well. Oh wait, this might be different being the pc3200....just make sure its the newest Rev.

i think your final ram choice will net you better than your first one, you said your really wanting to stick with the 3000, well with A64s the higher multi of the 3200 allows you to not have to up the ram and fsb so high, so thats where they are all coming from, when you say you wanted to oc it like mad usually ocing like mad involves some high dollar ram, however these days some cheap ram is ocing like mad so it all depends, AG swears by this set http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16820227211 and hes the guy for DFI, being an employee and responsible for this forum I would think you can safely say his NEWEGG review isn't BS, but each to his own I know the whole I gotta keep this as cheap as I can thing, still when it comes to PC stuff and wanting to OC the hell outta it it can really add up when your going all out. Best of luck to you. either way spending the 50 more on the RAM AG suggests or the 50 on the 3200 and I think you will end up about the same, in the long run the RAM is probably going to be your best bet IMHO and so have a lot of fun with it

if its not the vx I would highly recommend to make sure it is Rev 2, because the first Rev is discontinued and suposedly didnt work as well. Oh wait, this might be different being the pc3200....just make sure its the newest Rev.

the ram i linked him to is BH-5 Gold 3200