Digital Photography

i got to run back out right now as momma and i were looking at the damn dead dragonfly and a wasp/hornet or something was crunching away at it (eating the insides of it's head!)

edit: awww...too late, I walked back out there with cam and tripod and the wasp is gone (and so is the dead dragonfly's head!!!)

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great action shots Wing - do you use a tripod for those?

No tripod. Need to be very mobile while shooting from the sidelines, and the ref’s probably wouldn’t allow a tripod on the sidelines anyway. I shoot with two bodies. One body with big lens that weighs 7 pounds minus the camera body that is on a monopod. The other body and lens I use hand held. The first photo was taken with the big lens, the second two photos with the smaller lens.

Guest navinjohnson

I'm sporting an old hand-me-down, on-it's-last-leg, pos Nikon 885. I do my best though. Night shots are B&W to reduce image noise.

thelab.jpg

screenwindow.jpg

insectory.jpg

sometime I'll scan in my B&W film shots.

Found Deviant Art through Reelfiles submission - one of the few places you can store images I can see here at work.

I was too lazy to install a paint program so I could resize the pictures to the aspect ratio limitation here so all you get is links! Click the first one and if you like it try the others. Once you're there you can click the picture to zoom in.

Sunset - Believe it or not, the lighting from this wasn't much difference in real life.

Tree - Same day, different tree, different result

Swiss Alps - One of my favorites, was my background for a long time.

Rotating Gandola - This takes you up the mountain (Mt. Titlis :tooth:) where you can see the previous picture

Snow Trees - Ask my friend Carisa and she'll tell you this is her favorite

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...