Digital Photography

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how many bed/bath is it?

3 bedroom, 2.5 bath (heh, master bath has both a tub and a shower with the toilet between them), plus a 'bonus' room which can serve as a 4th bedroom above the garage. One formal (front) living room, and one "Florida" room (as we used to call them in FL, basically an informal, back-end living room, maybe you guys call them 'family rooms' elsewhere).

2 car garage, 20' or something RV/boat slab on side of house...sprinkler system yay!!!

now...the only problem is...how the %#@$#@ are we gonna afford it? lol

Hey thats a really nice place! 1500 Evergreeen St. ehehehe In a brand new development it looks like? that has its pros and cons. You have a nice yard for a garden, you should try it its very therapeutic. Also how is that Antec 900? im thinking of buying one..

ya it's a brand new development here in Jerome, which is growing like crazy (current estimated population 7,780) as Twin Falls explodes in growth (population about 35k, right across the Snake River Canyon, the same one Eivel Kineivel or whatever his name was tried to jump).

Walk out our front door and it's nothing but farm/corn all the way out to the city of Wendell (12 miles or so away), and if you turn right from our front door, go down a block to 100 North, nothing but farm/scrub/corn for....50+ miles or more (probably more).

Turn left from our front door and go two blocks down out of the subdivision, there are two brand new schools being built (elementary & middle schools). The subdivision itself is still relatively small (maybe 40-50 homes?).

Pro's: the fields to the front and right of our front door have now been zoned Commercial, as is the corner of our subdivision (for a gas station or something I'm sure). That raises property values being close to potential commercial districts.

The two new schools will also boost property values (unless we have a major economic crash). We are locked in at $225k when we decide to actually buy the place in a year or so. By then, property value is estimated to skyrocket up past $250k, possibly more as actual commercial buildings get built (big shopping center wants to move in right here).

Brand new house with low-E (extremely energy efficient) windows, insulation, doorframes/moldings, etc. High efficiency A/C and gas furnace, plus gas fireplace. Brand new appliances with high energy efficiency.

Cons: xxxxin' $225k lol...that's really a good price especially with the value already above that, and continuing to rise. But $225k is a shitload of money to me (remember, I've got Jewish blood in me, and I'm just naturally cheap on top of that).

mosquitoes...omg, because of the corn fields across and to the right of us, you know there's a lot of standing water. I ain't been bit a whole lot yet, but I sweep up thousands of dead male mosquitoes (males don't suck blood).

mayflies...holy crap...while mayflies are just annoying and not harmful or bitey (lol), they can get terribly annoying. We left the front lights on the other night. The one right by the front door is a yellow florescent that won't attract bugs, but the two at the front of the garage are regular florescent and they attract MASSIVE amounts of mayflies. I left the garage door up about 3' and the inside bulbs on the other night as well as the outside lights, and when i walked into the garage, I swear it was a CLOUD of mayflies buzzing around my inside lights.

let's put it this way...I ran inside the house, grabbed the upright vacuum cleaner, put the hose attachment on it, and then turned it on out there and sucked up about 90% of them while they were still flying around.

huge friggin yard...part pro, part con. I had to hire some dudes to do it because after 5 hours of mowing, weed-eating, trimming, edging, fertilizing, etc, I decided I'd rather pay someone else $30 a week to do it for me. $30 sounded like a massively killer deal and they do a great job, so I'm happy. (I just be sippin' iced tea with my feet up on a stool watchin' them tool around the yard pushing mowers etc lol.

another pro = giant dragonflies, little dragonflies, lots of dragonflies. They eat all the other bugs. Probably not as good as say having a clan of bats but I'd rather have dragonflies so I don't have to clean up bat guano from everything.

as for garden...we'll definitely get there. The plant in the middle of the side slab is a kick-butt catnip plant. The others in the little starter things range from flowers to rosemary, basil, thyme, etc. She loves to cook and loves herbs (not those herbs ya stoner) so I plan on growing those + tomatoes (i friggin love tomaters!)

One day we'll have to put up trees in the back yard and cedar + lattice around the back porch as the house behind us sits up on a hill, and is 2-story. So no matter what, they can just look out the window and right into our back windows =(

can't be having that for too long man...what if we want to have a crack party or a roman orgy??? (they kinda fat and greasy so no way they being invited to the orgy)

The most important pro is that there is no goddamn housing association trying to nazi-bully me into . like "no cars parked in your driveway, must be in the garage" and "no plants on the outside of your fence" or other stupid, ridiculous nonsense that only nazi housing associations can come up with.

now I just need a couple of newer cars in the driveway as we have the most ghetto cars in the entire subdivision....

Nice thread guys, too bad most of nsca's pics seem to be mia, sounds like he had some cool stuff posted.

Here's a few pix I took with my craptacular camera a FUJIFILM FinePix E500, which is now in pieces thanks to my 2 year old son.

Nocturnal_Lily_by_ReelFiles800x600.jpg

This picture is weird, because I came across this lily flowering at 2am in complete darkness..

01NC.jpg

Some lake near our apartment.

03NC.jpg

The turbine of the plane we flew on when we went back to NY after our first visit here.

I got some more stuff uploaded here:

http://reelfiles.deviantart.com/